Qtp electronic cutouts for my equus!

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
All i can say is wow... Absolutely the best mod yet.... You have no idea as to what this engine sounds like til you do this.. I get best of both worlds.. On the highway i am all business and quiet.. On the weekends, if i want to get heads to turn and mustangs to coward, i open them up.. Unbelievable... Installed the electric cutouts from qtp.. IMG_76891.jpg 20170516_122802.jpg IMG_76901.jpg IMG_76891.jpg 20170516_122836asdfasdf.jpg

Attachments

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
Quite possibly the craziest, yet coolest lol, thing I've seen done to a luxury sedan!
I have no doubt heads will be spinning when those are activated.
Lol that's what my wife said.. it's a luxury vehicle, not a sports car... ... and then I flipped the switch and she heard the deep rumble, and she immediately got in the driver's seat and took it for a spin around the neighborhood.. she said, ok, that is pretty bad ass!

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
[video=youtube_share;jRkYPyEpNLQ]https://youtu.be/jRkYPyEpNLQ[/video]

Saintt

Getting familiar with the group...
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Can you make a clip launching the car or driving away from the camera?

Beau2424

Been here awhile...
:woot: No words... just a happy feeling warming up inside hearing this...
EVERY SINGLE TIME I OPEN THEM IHAVE SAME FEELING:cheers:

BlackedOut

Equus (2011-2016)
All i can say is wow... Absolutely the best mod yet.... You have no idea as to what this engine sounds like til you do this.. I get best of both worlds.. On the highway i am all business and quiet.. On the weekends, if i want to get heads to turn and mustangs to coward, i open them up.. Unbelievable... Installed the electric cutouts from qtp..
This sounds like something I would do (And my wife would hate). How much did you pay all in for that and did you notice a difference in gas mileage?

john massaria

Registered Member
Equus (2011-2016)
awesome! how did they match the welds to steel and stainless? how much and what were the parts and what was labor costs- I have a 2014 Equus and always wanted to do this - now you can help us all! thanks man!

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis G80 Sport
I had DMH cutouts on my Titan, but I had 2 versions of each custom tuned MAP, one for open cutouts and one for closed. Not saying you MUST have a tune, but (depending on installation location) they can affect your A/F ratio.
Will still sound bada$$ on a v8 😁

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums