• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Quandry: want to buy the Sport Package but hate the sport wheels

matpal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As titled. I really think they messed up the wheel options and should at least let you choose between the 19 inch options. I love the chrome 10 spoke wheels, not so much the 5 spoke dark wheels,but I'd really likti get the sports tuned suspension. Anyone heard of a dealer swapping wheels between vehicles for someone? I'd hate to have to spend another $2k or so to get aftermarket wheels right off the bat.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried to get dealer to swap tires, with some cost to me, on my sport because I wanted A/S rubber. No way so not likely they will swap wheels. Have you seen the sport wheels in person or judging from pics. If I ever decide to make a change, I would go to 18" square setup. Folks say the wheels "grow" on you and compliment the remaining dark chrome. Waiting for my car to be delivered so can not comment.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the sport wheels...hence my avatar :) They are brilliant. But to each his own.

Ask to see if a member on this board wants to swap...not the dealer.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Indeed. I have the Lexus GS350 AWD with "silver wheels" so rationalizing that I am buying a "sports" sedan so no need to replicate what I already have. Go big or go home some may say.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
PS I would love to unload my Pilot Sport 4S tires with no miles to allow me to install the Pilot Sport A/S 3 +.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
a local dealer did a swap to make a sale. obviously took the 10-spoke rims and put them on a Sport trim, because there was a Prestige for sale which had the Sport rims. looked odd since the Prestige has the bright chrome trim pieces. same as how the 10-spoke wheels look odd with the Sport trim with the dark chrome bits which clash with the bright finish 10-spoke rims.

at first i was in love with the 10-spoke rims and wanted those. after seeing the Sport with dark chrome trim i am very happy with the Sport rims. especially the ease with which they are to wash off brake dust. the 10-spoke rims would be a pain to keep clean, as attested by several forum members.

Cassman34

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
a local dealer did a swap to make a sale. obviously took the 10-spoke rims and put them on a Sport trim, because there was a Prestige for sale which had the Sport rims. looked odd since the Prestige has the bright chrome trim pieces. same as how the 10-spoke wheels look odd with the Sport trim with the dark chrome bits which clash with the bright finish 10-spoke rims.

at first i was in love with the 10-spoke rims and wanted those. after seeing the Sport with dark chrome trim i am very happy with the Sport rims. especially the ease with which they are to wash off brake dust. the 10-spoke rims would be a pain to keep clean, as attested by several forum members.
Just washed my Sport wheels and totally agree about the ease of cleaning. Coming from Infiniti Q60 with very hard to wash intricate wheels.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well...you sacrificed other things as well...but I’m sure you were aware of those items :)
Yes, you know that @Beefer . We talked about at that time. I wanted a light interior (second reason I got the Prestige) but I would like to have the dark chrome accents and I lost them

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I love my sport wheels. I just wish they 8.5" front and 9" rear. I would like to have a little wider tires
You can go 245 in the front with 8" but you're stuck with 255 on the 8.5".
I think the car might look nice with 275 rear and 245 front.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Took delivery of my Sport today with dark chrome wheels. Like them much better than I thought I would. A totally different look and pleased that look better in person than in pics.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Getting window tint done today but will take pics when I get back. Himalayan Grey with red stitching.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums