Question about auto door lock feature

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Proud owner of a G70 in m/t. However, at one point the automatic door lock feature stopped locking the doors when driving off, so I now have to manually lock the doors. I don't know what I did to cause this, and after reading through the owner's manual, I don't seem to have the auto door lock setting options that should be accessed through the driver LCD. Can anyone advise how I can enable automatic door locks again? Thank you in advance!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I also took a look at the manual. Looks like a few items are not available to you...

- Auto Lock...enable on shift
- Auto Unlock...enable on shift

But it clearly states that all cars have Auto Lock...enable on speed (when exceeding 9 mph or 15 km/h).

I would dig through the LCD again...making sure you go deep into the menus...to find it.

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi, I'm in the US. Yup, I'm certain the doors are firmly closed before I drive off. I'll keep trying to look through all the menu items, and hopefully it's simply my oversight. Thank you!

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've looked into every folder under the settings feature, and no luck. Any ideas what I could try?

eric22

I noticed the same thing. 2.0t sport m/t and the doors don't auto lock. are you sure yours did lock at some point and it stopped working? it would be silly if this trim doesn't have it.

on the flipside, I'm super excited about the auto dipping side mirror when the car is placed in reverse. it's something not every brand offers but is so helpful for parking next to curbs. I wasn't expecting it in this car and was pleasantly surprised.

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I basically gave up looking, and decided to reset the user setting to factory. That did it. Doors now lock at 9 mph, and the option to turn this on/off reappeared in the LCD.

Samy

Registered Member
I noticed the same thing. 2.0t sport m/t and the doors don't auto lock. are you sure yours did lock at some point and it stopped working? it would be silly if this trim doesn't have it.

on the flipside, I'm super excited about the auto dipping side mirror when the car is placed in reverse. it's something not every brand offers but is so helpful for parking next to curbs. I wasn't expecting it in this car and was pleasantly surprised.
That's not normal. Your door should auto-lock.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.