Question for White Genesis Owners...

Milano

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thread starter #1
LOL, that's a baited way to write the thread title, but nonetheless...

Has anyone come up with a solution for the filth that ends up on the trunk lid near the license plate while driving in rain? Would a bumper lip or something help with this? Some sort of aftermarket diffuser for the rear bumper?? Drives me crazy... I pour a cup of clean water on it when I get home and wipe it with a microfiber. Waxing hasn't seemed to help too much in this regard.... ugh!

Alfer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I usually run my car through the car wash after a rain. I don't worry about the way certain spots look while the car is still dirty.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
You know those air deflectors 53 footers use? That might work.... Only joking.

I know what you mean, there seems to be a coat of dust after a day or two of driving. The rain is going to make a car dirty regardless so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. You could wrap the car in 3M or Lunar film to protect the paint but that's about all I can suggest. Careful though, those wraps are upwards of $3k but it will, indeed, solve your/our problem.

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
Paint your car grey. ;)
Having owned a white vehicle in the past, followed by consecutive black cars, I’m sympathetic to the issue with visible dirt that tends to collect regularly on certain locations on a vehicle. No solution to offer other than more frequent washings...

batmanmiami1

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
I have a short spoiler on mine. Does absolutely nothing as far as keeping the trunk lid clean. What I do have is unlimited car washes for $19.95 a month. Needless to say they see me a lot.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a short spoiler on mine. Does absolutely nothing as far as keeping the trunk lid clean. What I do have is unlimited car washes for $19.95 a month. Needless to say they see me a lot.
That's a pretty good deal. Even a cheap wash here is $10

milind

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
It's not just rain. In just two days after a wash, there seems to be soot on the back. Never noticed anything like this on another car. But then again, first white car I have owned.

Milano

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #12
It's not just rain. In just two days after a wash, there seems to be soot on the back. Never noticed anything like this on another car. But then again, first white car I have owned.
drives me absolutely crazy lol . I never seen something like this on any of the last 14 cars I've owned. I guess it just has a unique shape that doesn't lend itself to the water running down and off or whatever... or however the aerodynamics are set up that this area just gets everything blown on it. The rest of the car could be nearly perfect... never the trunk lid!!

I have a local wash that offers the same deal, but then I also have a whole car-washing setup at home with some high quality things like boar's head brushes and spray-foam cannons.. so I rather not spend money there, even for the low $14.95/mo.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.