Questions for G80 Sport Owners

allan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #1
Hi. I have a 2016 G80 and am very happy with it. However, I have to admit the 2018 sport is drawing my attention. A couple of questions please:

• I know the advantages - what, if any, are the disadvantages (what am I giving up -- other than having to use premium gas)?
  • My G80 will not sync the phonebook on my Galaxy S9 (or the S7, which I had previously). Does anyone have a newer Galaxy phone and know whether the phonebook will upload?
  • On my previous car the headlights came on with the windshield wipers (which, in NJ, is the law). The G80 does not. Does the new sport?
  • What don't I know about the Sport that only someone who's owned it would know?

Sorry for the somewhat silly questions and I appreciate any input.

tissle

Getting familiar with the group...
I know the advantages - what, if any, are the disadvantages (what am I giving up -- other than having to use premium gas)?
My G80 will not sync the phonebook on my Galaxy S9 (or the S7, which I had previously). Does anyone have a newer Galaxy phone and know whether the phonebook will upload?
On my previous car the headlights came on with the windshield wipers (which, in NJ, is the law). The G80 does not. Does the new sport?
What don't I know about the Sport that only someone who's owned it would know?
1) You can use regular gas.
2) I have a Galaxy S9 and use Android Auto and it's amazing for dialing (w/ Google Assistant), music, navigation.
3) I set my headlight to Auto so I'm not sure.....
4) The tires that come with it (Continental Pro Contact) are terrible. I had to get two of it replaced already.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
1)
3) I set my headlight to Auto so I'm not sure.....
No, they do not go on with the wipers. I've mentioned that in every survey and forum since my first Sonata. Many states require light with wipers and it is not a big deal to program it in. I had that feature on a car I had 17 years ago and would expect it on a luxury car.

allan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #4
Thanks guys. Just came from the dealer and think I'm going to do the trade.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I had a 2105 Genesis with 18000 miles that I just traded in 10 days ago for a G80 Sport RWD. I loved my 2015 and I am enjoying my Sport even more.
My only concern is all the negative comments about the performance of the Continental Pro Contacts. Would have thought Genesis learned after the fiasco with the tire recall on my 2015. Good luck with your new ride.

allan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thread starter #8
Don't worry about what other people say - it's your opinion that matters. On forums you mostly see only negative comments.

dmoore7654

Hasn't posted much yet...
I've owned the 2015 G80 and now own the 2018 sport.
I think the 2015 was a much better riding car. I think the 2018 has more of a stiffer ride an d more road noise coming from the tires.
The tires should be recalled. If you go to the tire rack and read the comments on the continental tires
you will replace them, like I did. Too many blow outs and side wall bulging.
I'm 80 years old and do not want to be jacking up the car and putting the spare on.
I tried to get replacement tires from Hyundai and Continental but they suddenly went deaf.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.