Racechip GTS

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ended up purchasing the Race Chip, $350 was just too good a deal to pass up. I'm waiting on new spark plugs to arrive before I install just to play it safe. The guy I purchased from was using it on his Stinger in Map 5 with completely stock plugs, too risky for my tastes given reports of spark blow out with piggybacks on stock plugs.
Nice! Let us know how it goes.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea what the map parameters of the Race Chip are?
Like how much peak additional boost for each map etc and Octane?
Their numbers seem overly optimistic especially for torque without much information.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea what the map parameters of the Race Chip are?
Like how much peak additional boost for each map etc and Octane?
Their numbers seem overly optimistic especially for torque without much information.
I agree their stated torque gains are a bit hard to believe. A Stinger owner posted the following dyno numbers for a RWD Stinger using 101 octane fuel:

HP:
Stock: 311.6
Chip: 384.3
Gain of 72.6 HP!

Torque (lb-ft):

Stock: 389.6
Chip: 500.4
Gain of 110.9 lb-ft!

PSI (Boost):

Stock: 14.02
Chip: 19.64
Gain of 5.6 PSI!

The RaceChip has connectors for boost pressure sensor, absolute manifold pressure sensor and camshaft sensor. I've read that is does nothing more than crank up the boost pressure though and nothing else.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree their stated torque gains are a bit hard to believe. A Stinger owner posted the following dyno numbers for a RWD Stinger using 101 octane fuel:

HP:
Stock: 311.6
Chip: 384.3
Gain of 72.6 HP!

Torque (lb-ft):

Stock: 389.6
Chip: 500.4
Gain of 110.9 lb-ft!

PSI (Boost):

Stock: 14.02
Chip: 19.64
Gain of 5.6 PSI!

The RaceChip has connectors for boost pressure sensor, absolute manifold pressure sensor and camshaft sensor. I've read that is does nothing more than crank up the boost pressure though and nothing else.
Any other mods on the car?
Also 101 Octane is not realistic for a daily. What can they do with 91 or 93 Octane?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think stock max boost on the V6 is 14psi. It's more like 12psi if I'm not mistaken.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any other mods on the car?
Also 101 Octane is not realistic for a daily. What can they do with 91 or 93 Octane?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think stock max boost on the V6 is 14psi. It's more like 12psi if I'm not mistaken.
As far as I could tell there was only a pedal tuning device installed for other mods. I haven't been able to find much of in the way of dyno information for the RaceChip.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
According to my own Dyno sheet, my car was making about 13.6 psi of boost max. Around 5kRPM's it seems like the turbos start to work a little too hard, and drop down to just barely under 12 psi.

Of course, the boost pressures read on this Dyno may not be totally accurate. It's all relative. A before/after comparison is the way to go, so a 5psi increase is pretty dang good.

Like @NLJ said, I'd like to see a before/after Dyno of just using pump gas.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here's a reply I got from them.
I asked what fuel, what were the boost settings for the Maps, if there were any other mods on the car, if there are any dyno charts.
Safe to say this is a bullshit product with over optimistic numbers!
They're probably using Race Fuel.

Attachments

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here's a reply I got from them.
I asked what fuel, what were the boost settings for the Maps, if there were any other mods on the car, if there are any dyno charts.
Safe to say this is a bullshit product with over optimistic numbers!
They're probably using Race Fuel.
I don't think I would go so far as to say it's a bullshit product, I have no doubts there are nice gains to be had from this device. I do strongly suspect the stated numbers are "enhanced" though as they don't have any real dyno charts available. Even the supposed dyno chart they do provide doesn't show any before numbers to back up the stated gains, so it's pretty useless.

The guy I purchased from mentioned that he has raced a buddy's JB4 tuned Stinger, and the RaceChip tuned Stinger pulled away initially at launch, but then the JB4 Stinger caught up and pulled away towards the end. That makes sense if the RaceChip is actually putting down more torque. Strictly anecdotal though, so not really indicative of much. If I were buying new at full price I would absolutely go JB4 no doubt.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't think I would go so far as to say it's a bullshit product, I have no doubts there are nice gains to be had from this device. I do strongly suspect the stated numbers are "enhanced" though as they don't have any real dyno charts available. Even the supposed dyno chart they do provide doesn't show any before numbers to back up the stated gains, so it's pretty useless.

The guy I purchased from mentioned that he has raced a buddy's JB4 tuned Stinger, and the RaceChip tuned Stinger pulled away initially at launch, but then the JB4 Stinger caught up and pulled away towards the end. That makes sense if the RaceChip is actually putting down more torque. Strictly anecdotal though, so not really indicative of much. If I were buying new at full price I would absolutely go JB4 no doubt.
No doubt there are gains to be had but if this is how they answer emails about detailed questions, I doubt there is anything but arbitrary boost applied for each map and if something doesn't work, they will just tell you to use better fuel. Plus there is no logging so they can't tell you what's going on.
I don't like it when they can't give you straight answers and I doubt they will be able to troubleshoot if there are any issues in combination with other mods.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No doubt there are gains to be had but if this is how they answer emails about detailed questions, I doubt there is anything but arbitrary boost applied for each map and if something doesn't work, they will just tell you to use better fuel. Plus there is no logging so they can't tell you what's going on.
I don't like it when they can't give you straight answers and I doubt they will be able to troubleshoot if there are any issues in combination with other mods.
They certainly are secretive about sharing any information about their product to say the least. I figure if I'm not happy with the device it'll be easy to flip on the Stinger market for around what I paid for it. Plus if I decide to eventually go with JB4 or another tuning product I'll already have re-gapped colder plugs installed so it will be just plug and play with the new device.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They certainly are secretive about sharing any information about their product to say the least. I figure if I'm not happy with the device it'll be easy to flip on the Stinger market for around what I paid for it. Plus if I decide to eventually go with JB4 or another tuning product I'll already have re-gapped colder plugs installed so it will be just plug and play with the new device.
The JB4 is nice cause BMS actually own a Stinger and tunes and tests everything and they constantly add features especially if you want to add bolt-ons.