• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radio stopped working, then OK

Golfnut4211

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Today I got in my car and the radio wasn't working. Everything was on but no sound. Stopped the car, turned it off and back on again and still nothing. Parked the car for 5 hours, turned it on and everything was back to normal. Anyone have similar issues?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm so pumped for Terminator Dark Fate.

If it ends up being the same let down that pretty much all the other sequels to T2 were, then I will take an oath of shame and despair.

James Cameron don't let me down!

wmam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Today I got in my car and the radio wasn't working. Everything was on but no sound. Stopped the car, turned it off and back on again and still nothing. Parked the car for 5 hours, turned it on and everything was back to normal. Anyone have similar issues?
There is no fix. Genesis will not replace the head unit. My case#15911448. As you probably found out, it will get worse. Dealer can't do anything but say corporate is working on it and my corporate case manager must be in witness protection. It appears I must of purchased an Alfa.

wmam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What city are you in?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Happened to me yesterday...first time in 9 months. Turned it off...went into the store...restarted within 5 minutes...all good.

No biggie...shit happens. Probably shitty XM update went flaky.

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just had same thing happen to me. Infotainment shows all working but no sound, none! Hopefully will work next time like yours. Did you have any repeat of problem or find out why. Was wondering if a fuse was blown?

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After having the car for a week, I got in and the radio screen turned black with no sound. I turned the car off and restarted several times with no luck. Then realized there is a reset button on the bottom left, they did the trick.

Last week I noticed the sound on the right side of the car was really quiet. Changed sound setting to just the right side and confirmed. Once again, hit reset and all was fine.

Hope these aren’t a sign of more issues to come.

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just had same thing happen to me. Infotainment shows all working but no sound, none! Hopefully will work next time like yours. Did you have any repeat of problem or find out why. Was wondering if a fuse was blown?
SkyNet released it’s control of my radio while it was parked overnight.This morning everything was working as normal. Hoping it will stay that way.

wmam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
SkyNet released it’s control of my radio while it was parked overnight.This morning everything was working as normal. Hoping it will stay that way.
I strongly suggest you start a corporate case number. There is a known issue that currently has no fix.

wmam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Holy crap...that’s extreme!!! You going to lose money? Getting another Genesis?
It will be a wash. I never had a issue with my 2013, and I love the G70 when the av unit works, but the issue gets progressively worse. Genesis is bringing engineers in to fix, but I reported the issue months ago and there is no timetable on the fix. This is an issue around the country, not just Texas.