• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radio Suddenly Stopped Working

bruiser13

Hasn't posted much yet...
Minnesota
I parked the car for about two hours and suddenly the AM/FM radio no longer works. Initially I received a lot of static and no sound. Now it only plays the XM Radio sales advertisement. It will play a CD but there is considerable static in the sound.

I've read where others have had a similar problem, but did not read a solution. Thanks.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I parked the car for about two hours and suddenly the AM/FM radio no longer works. Initially I received a lot of static and no sound. Now it only plays the XM Radio sales advertisement. It will play a CD but there is considerable static in the sound.

I've read where others have had a similar problem, but did not read a solution. Thanks.
Have you tried a reset of the radio? Most have a pin hole on the front that you can push with a paperclip.

kenpile

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Don't know if you have resolved this yet but on some models ( R-Spec for example ) to reboot the system push the power on/off button down for at least 10 seconds. Apparently it's a good idea to not have any USB media or smartphones plugged in while you do this.