Rain Water leakage

kenpile

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I am looking to buy a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec soon but I'm wondering about rain getting into the car. The only reason I'm thinking of this is that my wife has a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T which, if left in heavy rain, lets in water in the trunk and the cabin. This is a design fault. Is there a similar problem with the Sedan, specifically the 5.0 R-Spec?

kenpile

Genesis Model Type
No. It's a well know problem. I believe the water gets in round the sun roof and the rear light cluster. If you leave the car out in a storm you wil end up with puddles in the trunk and on the floor pan.

Is your car a coupe?

kenpile

Genesis Model Type
We haven't done anything, just don't park the car outside in heavy storms. It's a known problem on the coupe. I'm glad the Sedan doesn't seem to have the same problem.

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
no issues at all on the sedan - at least none with mine and I have seen some serious rain storms driving and parked outside

Hovercraft

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
During really heavy rain, I sometimes have noticed a drip or two of water hitting my left foot (i.e. when resting on the brake at a stop light). Hardly flooding, but it is getting in somehow.

kenpile

Genesis Model Type
left foot braking? Now there's a topic :)

sounds like maybe a leaky windscreen. Glad it's not serious

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.