Rear end lose

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So I’ve been having a feeling in my car for a lil but now. It seems if I drive over a bump that only hits one side or the other then my rear end likes to get a little lose for a split second. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar to this?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
So I’ve been having a feeling in my car for a lil but now. It seems if I drive over a bump that only hits one side or the other then my rear end likes to get a little lose for a split second. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar to this?
Got a spot it happens to you? I can try to recreate it in my car. You actually seeing the TC light up or just feel it get a little loose?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It’s kinda just when ever one tire hits a hole or bump. The tc and sc does not light up. Just gets a little wiggle. It happens more on the freeway. Even just on cruise control.

Avernus

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It happens for me, I think this is an issue on the Stinger GT as well. For me it's when I turn left out of my garage, and run over some of the lane marking bumps, the rear wheel that runs over them "skips" a bit and it's kind of jarring.

I've heard sway bars fix the issue, but haven't tried myself.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It happens for me, I think this is an issue on the Stinger GT as well. For me it's when I turn left out of my garage, and run over some of the lane marking bumps, the rear wheel that runs over them "skips" a bit and it's kind of jarring.

I've heard sway bars fix the issue, but haven't tried myself.
I’ll go crawl through the stinger forum some more. Mine really only happens when I’m going straight sadly

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Pretty sure it is the brake based torque vectoring being overly aggressive.
Sometimes you can replicate if from a full stop and giving it gas on a tight turn.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Pretty sure it is the brake based torque vectoring being overly aggressive.
Sometimes you can replicate if from a full stop and giving it gas on a tight turn.

Something like this. Personally, to me it sounds like the rear LSD. Our cars should have come with Torsen-type LSD's instead of the multi-plate, clutch style. As it stands, we've kind of gotten a racing differential in the rear, not so much a street friendly style.

Here's to hoping the next generation has an e-diff.

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Something like this. Personally, to me it sounds like the rear LSD. Our cars should have come with Torsen-type LSD's instead of the multi-plate, clutch style. As it stands, we've kind of gotten a racing differential in the rear, not so much a street friendly style.

Here's to hoping the next generation has an e-diff.
Happens to me too and I don’t have the LSD.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70

rkar

Registered Member
I feel my back end "wobble" too when I go over certain bumps on the road. My car is RWD so i'm not sure if that is the reason why...

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I am rwd and I should have the lsd. So maybe it’s a rwd thing. There are some shins that are suppose to help keep everything in place better but from what I’ve read up on they mostly stop the need for constant alignments. But it’s possible these could help. They are on my list of mods for the car as the build progresses as well as sways too. I drove the same road again today in sport mode and it didn’t seem as bad as comfort. So that kind of leads me to suspension itself. But I can’t say for certain

Miltonguerrero93

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Yep im RWD also we might on to something here.. but i dont have adaptive suspension on mine.. vortex you are running on lowering springs right?? Did you have to mess at all with your spring preload?

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis G70
I’ve had it happen on sweeping turns on freeway flyover ramps at 70-80
mph. So has my friend here in Phoenix who has the same car as mine. RWD with LSD. He had mentioned the sway bar fix also.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Yes i've noticed this awhile back and tried a few things to fix it with no luck
got eibach lowering springs and sway bars and whiteline end links atq collars
it just gets worse and worse
had a wheel alignment done last year after i installed the collars and it felt better for a while but this year with my wide summer wheels back on its pretty bad and sometimes borderline scary when going fast around a turn and the rear end has a mind of its own
maybe the lowering spring are settling out so im gonna get another alignment and if that doesn't fix it i might switch to coilovers or bms diff brace if they make one for the awd

Miltonguerrero93

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So i got coilovers in and im waiting for them to settle to adjust them again...one of the biggest issues i had when installing the coilovers was the spring preload and the height

NLJ

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
I am rwd and I should have the lsd. So maybe it’s a rwd thing. There are some shins that are suppose to help keep everything in place better but from what I’ve read up on they mostly stop the need for constant alignments. But it’s possible these could help. They are on my list of mods for the car as the build progresses as well as sways too. I drove the same road again today in sport mode and it didn’t seem as bad as comfort. So that kind of leads me to suspension itself. But I can’t say for certain
Does it on my 2.0T AWD.
Brake based torque vectoring guys!
That’s the only common denominator!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums