• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rear lights

JBroadwell

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Has anyone converted the lower rear reflector lights into powered lights? If so, how was it done?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

G-659583

Not allowed. If you powered them they would have to still be a reflector when no power is applied.

§ 393.26 Requirements for reflectors.
(a)Mounting.Reflex reflectors shall be mounted at the locations required by § 393.11. In the case of motor vehicles so constructed that requirement for a 381 mm (15-inch) minimum height above the road surface is not practical, the reflectors shall be mounted as close as practicable to the required mounting height range. All permanent reflex reflectors shall be securely mounted on a rigid part of the vehicle
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. I see you are in Florida, perhaps you are quoting a U.S. or state regulation. I am resident neither of Florida or U.S.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It is a US regulation, may be in other countries. It would be a good idea to put your country in your profile. You'll get better answers. Since most of is are in the US or Canada here we tend to think on a local basis.
This is a very good idea.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Very cool mod!

Q1) The WigWagger has 2 outputs. Did you wire Output 1 to both of the new bumper reflectors and Output 2 to the 3rd brake light?
This way the new reflectors blink together alternating with the 3rd brake light.

Q2) Were you able to mount the new reflectors ..
a) From the outside of the bumper
b) Got to inside of bumper without removing bumper
c) Removed bumper

Q3) Where did you find/splice the wires to the 3rd brake light?

Q4) Is the Wave Wagger programmable (how fast it switches between outputs/blinks)?
Saw a video where person was using a momentary switch/button to change the pulse rate/delay betwixt the WigWagger outputs. It did not show how it was wired.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Hawaii 5ooohhhh

Registered Member
Hawaii
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I bought the LEDs you recommended.
Did you place the LEDs directly on the back or did you separate the reflector and sandwich it in?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums