Rear seat entertainment buttons stuck

Thread starter #1

cruno

NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2011 Equus Ultimate. The only issue with it is the rear seat entertainment controls (not the rear seat adjustment controls) are pressed in and therefore are unusable. It's almost as if someone sat on the end of the control panel until they were pushed in too far.

Wondering if anyone knows how to dismantle the RSE control panel so I can fix the buttons.

Video:

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2011 Equus Ultimate. The only issue with it is the rear seat entertainment controls (not the rear seat adjustment controls) are pressed in and therefore are unusable. It's almost as if someone sat on the end of the control panel until they were pushed in too far.

Wondering if anyone knows how to dismantle the RSE control panel so I can fix the buttons.

Video:
I Just found out I have the same problem. I'll tinker with mine over the weekend to see what I find, but yeah it sucks because I had someone in the back seat and they asked how to turn it on. I said honestly I didn't know yet. But I had the feeling it didn't work since I tried to get it to work before.

Thread starter #3

cruno

NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I Just found out I have the same problem. I'll tinker with mine over the weekend to see what I find, but yeah it sucks because I had someone in the back seat and they asked how to turn it on. I said honestly I didn't know yet. But I had the feeling it didn't work since I tried to get it to work before.
I was able to find this diagram. So I may try this out on Monday or Tuesday.

Hyundai Equus: Floor Console Assembly Repair procedures - Floor Console - Body (Interior and Exterior) - Hyundai Equus VI 2009-2018 Service Manual

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Oh.... not for me man. I always have a can of worms open up when I start tinkering with electronics. I figured out that my rear controllers are partly working, the set heater works, but the radio controls are not. Not all that important since my 11 year old would just annoy the hell out of us by changing the channel and volume anyway. When adults sit in the back and ask, I just say it's been disabled because of the kids..

Last edited:
Thread starter #5

cruno

NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Ah for me it's not that the buttons don't work so much as they are physically pushed into the console, like someone sat on them. The seat controls work and the wheel spins which is visible when looking at the rear screen, but the buttons are pushed so far in they can't be unpressed.

As for the 11 year old, if you do get your rear seat entertainment fixed, there is a setting in the front seat entertainment controls for RSE Lock, which I think will disable the rear seat radio controls.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.