Rear Shocks FYI

Ozy44

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Replaced my rear shocks today with OE and wanted to report on the condition of the originals. My 2012 3.8 has 71,380 miles on it and I was getting bounced around a bit at highway speeds when hitting slight depressions in the road. The right rear was shot. When I compressed the shaft it would not extend outward at all and was pretty easy to compress. The left rear was not as bad but extended back out at only half the speed of the new one and was also easier to compress than the new one. What a difference in ride quality with just doing the rears! If you are over 70k on your originals, it's probably time for some new ones. I'll be replacing the front strut cartridges in a couple of weeks, also with OE.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Ozy44

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
HaHa! Careful how you use the term "Cheap" EdP. Cheap is a pair of rear shocks for my 2001 F150 SuperCrew for about $80. These were $300 a pair for simple gas shocks! Pretty sure Kia and Hyundai are making more money on parts sales than sales of the actual vehicle. I get your point though, she is riding nice now.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.