Rear tires put on front, spring broke and shredded the tire

Kenwoon

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Hi please help. Took my car into local shop to put on summer tires. Horrid noise started after a week. Hyundai says 245's put on front and 225's on rear. They said it caused spring to break. Now i need 2 new springs and tires (245's) since that is the tire that was shredded. Tire shop says not their fault?? Comments - I have a 2010 2.0T coupe - well maintained.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi please help. Took my car into local shop to put on summer tires. Horrid noise started after a week. Hyundai says 245's put on front and 225's on rear. They said it caused spring to break. Now i need 2 new springs and tires (245's) since that is the tire that was shredded. Tire shop says not their fault?? Comments - I have a 2010 2.0T coupe - well maintained.
Tire put in wrong location? Who told the shop where to mount them? The guy mounting them probably had no idea and did not ask. Maybe did not even notice the difference.

You need Judge Judy to straighten this out. If you did not check to see if the job was done right after a week it could be considered contributory negligence.

Kenwoon

Genesis Model Type
Dunno about that, I am a 65 year old woman who only knows what I like in a car, not how to examine it. I didn't tell the shop (a national tire shop) how to install them - if you are in the business of selling and installing tires, I shouldn't have to explain to them how to do it! I only drove for 2 weeks, at most 60km per hour so not fast.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Dunno about that, I am a 65 year old woman who only knows what I like in a car, not how to examine it. I didn't tell the shop (a national tire shop) how to install them - if you are in the business of selling and installing tires, I shouldn't have to explain to them how to do it! I only drove for 2 weeks, at most 60km per hour so not fast.
If the tire shop does not accept responsibility, only option would be legal action. In the US we have small claims court. Perhaps you have the same. Would be good if you have something from Hyundai stating what caused the damage.

Kenwoon

Genesis Model Type
ok, thanks. Hyundai willing to go to bat for me, and if nothing, will go to small claims court. thanks