Rebadge a 2016 Equus as Genesis?

Thread starter #1

Bulvine

Getting familiar with the group...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Has anyone tried changing the badges to the Genesis wings? Just wondering if they would line up with the hole for the hood and trunk. I love my Equus but I'm not a huge fan of the logo. Its something I can live with, but I like the Genesis wings better.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
No need to have pegs on the new wings, although it wouldn’t be a bad idea to bung up the existing holes before sticking on the Genesis wings. If it was my car, though, I’d probably just live with the Equus badges.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
yeah I thought about it more and decided to leave the originals on. But i AM taking off the Hyundai on the trunk and replacing it with an Equus one.
Thanks for the response!
Good ideas! The Equus was/is a fine car during its run. You’ll likely have plenty of enjoyment ahead.

Thread starter #6

Bulvine

Getting familiar with the group...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
first thing i did was to replace the flying H with an Equus badge.....
That exactly what arrived in my mail today. :) My Trunk Equus badge. Gonna have a relative that manages a body shop replace it for me.
I was brave enough to rebadged my Genesis, but it was Metallic grey and it would be hard to see any scratches on that. My Equus is black, I dont want to risk any scuffs on it. I bought this 2016 Equus with 9500k miles on it. Its like new and I want to keep it looking that way. Plus he can do it quicker and for free :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.