• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rebuild or Used

BubbleHead1

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Hey Guys, I have a 2011 3.8 rspec coupe. High miles, timing jumped and is knocking. What is the better options between rebuilding the stock motor or just finding a low mileage used one. Not looking to build a performance engine. Just a daily driver.

G-603275

Hey Guys, I have a 2011 3.8 rspec coupe. High miles, timing jumped and is knocking. What is the better options between rebuilding the stock motor or just finding a low mileage used one. Not looking to build a performance engine. Just a daily driver.
Probably better go used. A rebuild on a Dohc v6 engine WILL be expensive, and likely done wrong. Unless your building for power, with a reputable engine builder, who’s also familiar with the lambda engine, then it would make sense to rebuild.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums