Recently Got a Samsung S8. It won't let me hook up to my nav.

RonG80

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thread starter #1
Hi. I have a 2017 G80. When I got my Galaxy S8 and plugged it in through the USB port I got a message saying the device I plugged into is unable to transfer data from my phone. When I inquired, I was told it was because my Nav system needed the new update which was posted as a recall for my car. Today I went in and had my Nav system updated and still I can't connect it to my car, not even through Android Auto. The older LG Stylo phone I just got rid of hooked up perfectly but it seems like a no go with my new Samsung. Anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Hi. I have a 2017 G80. When I got my Galaxy S8 and plugged it in through the USB port I got a message saying the device I plugged into is unable to transfer data from my phone. When I inquired, I was told it was because my Nav system needed the new update which was posted as a recall for my car. Today I went in and had my Nav system updated and still I can't connect it to my car, not even through Android Auto. The older LG Stylo phone I just got rid of hooked up perfectly but it seems like a no go with my new Samsung. Anyone have any suggestions?:confused:
Have you tried Bluetooth pairing?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
i am under the impression that there is no android auto for the 2017 G80. The 2018 has it and my samsung S8 works just fine with it..... however it has to be hardwire plugged in....bummer..i wish it was bluetoothed.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
i am under the impression that there is no android auto for the 2017 G80. The 2018 has it and my samsung S8 works just fine with it..... however it has to be hardwire plugged in....bummer..i wish it was bluetoothed.
I did read that Android is working on doing that and may be available in a few months. Same with Car Play.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.