• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Recommended Service Department in DFW

bjayfry

Hasn't posted much yet...
Plano, TX
Hey all - after two bad experiences with my Genesis at Huffines Hyundai Plano where I purchased the car back in February I am convinced I will not be returning there to have any service done (even recalls). I am curious if anyone on here has a dealer service shop in the area they would recommend. I plan on doing oil changes and other routine maintenance myself from here on out but if something needs to be fixed under a recall or TSB I do want to have somewhere I can take it and be reasonably assured that the work will be done accurately, on time, and without any damage to my vehicle and that has not been the case so far after two experiences with Huffines Plano.

Thanks!

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Three year old post here, but what is the best Genesis repair and maintenance place in the Dallas area? Huffines is fairly close to me.

If the OP is still around, what did your not like about them?

Rodney Dangerfield

Registered Member
Texas panhandle
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Three year old post here, but what is the best Genesis repair and maintenance place in the Dallas area? Huffines is fairly close to me.

If the OP is still around, what did your not like about them?
Eckert Hyundai in Denton is where I bought my '11 and they were a great dealership to work with. My friends use them for service since they live just around the corner and have no complaints.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks Rodney, the recommendation sounds great but I just can't imagine travelling to Denton or McKinney for routine services. I guess I'll try Huffines in Plano when the time comes and see how it goes, and report back.

I'm getting my window tint put on a week from Friday, we'll see how that goes. I need to remember to ask them what type of oil they use for their routine (Genesis) oil changes. If it's not a top synthetic, I don't want it.

Rodney Dangerfield

Registered Member
Texas panhandle
Genesis Model Type
Thanks Rodney, the recommendation sounds great but I just can't imagine travelling to Denton or McKinney for routine services. I guess I'll try Huffines in Plano when the time comes and see how it goes, and report back.

I'm getting my window tint put on a week from Friday, we'll see how that goes. I need to remember to ask them what type of oil they use for their routine (Genesis) oil changes. If it's not a top synthetic, I don't want it.
Full synthetic should be pretty much the standard at a dealership these days because the price has come down considerably. As for the window tint, have you considered getting the ceramic tinting? I'm looking to get the ceramic tint on all the glass including the windshield in the spring/summer.

Since I don't live in Dallas, I forget how big the area is. I hope you can find a decent dealership close to you.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for the suggestion on the ceramic tint, but this is a free one they threw in as part of the negotiation. I guess I'll take it since it's free, and it'll give me a chance to check out the service area and ask some questions and hopefully get a feel for how they operate.

Rodney Dangerfield

Registered Member
Texas panhandle
Genesis Model Type
Thanks for the suggestion on the ceramic tint, but this is a free one they threw in as part of the negotiation. I guess I'll take it since it's free, and it'll give me a chance to check out the service area and ask some questions and hopefully get a feel for how they operate.
I’d still get the ceramic tint on the windshield, it makes a huge difference in the hot Texas sun. My dad got it on his car and in the heat of August in San Antonio the interior of his car was easily 20 degrees cooler than ambient.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums