Regret buying 2017 g90 ultimate 5.0

kaleah1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Curious to know of the very few out there if you regret ever buying this vehicle? If so why?Did you keep it or try to trade it in immediately? I know the service department needs a huge improvement

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have a 2017 G90 Ultimate 5.0. I bought the car used out of town with 33K miles. Even had someone look at the car before I bought. Once I began driving the car, I found several issues. But knowing I had over a year of full warranty, I held on to my "patience" card, even though I was beyond frustrated. I contacted Genesis direct and have since had my own Genesis rep who keeps in touch with me and the dealer. The issues were bad coolant o rings, which were replaced and fixed, a rattle which was found, and replacing the entire steering column. It took 4 months, but it was so worth it.

Now, I'm working to get another odd sound at start up fixed. My Genesis rep said a Tech was coming in to inspect my car. Should be next week. Moral of the story, yes Genesis service departments can leave much to be desired, especially if you're coming from another luxury automobile. However, patience & perseverance and I now have a great car. Is it perfect? Nope. It's a 4 year old car. Hope that helps.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
No regrets
Never had any issues
46,000 miles
Bought it new, keeping it.

Resonant Programmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I regretted buying a 2019. The naviations system lacked a touch screen and was otherwise unpolished. I switched to a 2021.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners