• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Remote start back to key FOB

Flats

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Is it possible to have the remote start on a 2019 G90 back to the key fob or have both, phone start and FOB?
Thanks..Flats

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
They state G80 Sport. I wonder what is different on the Sport that does not work on other models.

They state it is for G80 Sport and have a photo of a G70.
I sent an email asking if the product would work on the 2019 G80 base model.

I don't see why it wouldn't.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Here's how they replied:

"I do not see any reason why our kit would not work in your vehicle. The kit for the genesis is $339.99. We currently do not have install guides for the kit, but have everything else ready to go. If you want to purchase a kit, give us a call at 1-888-880-8838 and we can take the order over the phone and answer any other questions.

Thanks,
Noah"

DUKES103

Getting familiar with the group...
Massachusetts
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
expensive gamble to me to see if it works and no user guy
let us all know how it goes

Charles Woolacott

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Is it possible to have the remote start on a 2019 G90 back to the key fob or have both, phone start and FOB?
Thanks..Flats
I have had phone contact with 12 volt Solutions of Tulsa, OK, (300 miles away) who offer a plug-and-play kit for the Genesis G80. They said there is a good chance the same kit and will work with my 2018 Genesis G90. If it will not work, they would be able to make software changes so it will work from my existing G90 key FOB. They would need the car at their facility as they know about the G90, but have not seen one.
It is a long way to travel so they asked me to first text them a photo of the Smart Key ECU. They suggested it has 3 wires, a metal cover, and it might be above the accelerator pedal.
I don't see it. Can anyone tell me where the Smart Key ECU on the G90 is located and/or post a photo?
!2 volt Solutions have enabled Key FOB Start on a number of other "high end" makes and models at a reasonable cost, as they realize the 2 steps and delay needed to start using a smart phone is not convenient when you are a short distance from the vehicle.

Goaterguy

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have had phone contact with 12 volt Solutions of Tulsa, OK, (300 miles away) who offer a plug-and-play kit for the Genesis G80. They said there is a good chance the same kit and will work with my 2018 Genesis G90. If it will not work, they would be able to make software changes so it will work from my existing G90 key FOB. They would need the car at their facility as they know about the G90, but have not seen one.
It is a long way to travel so they asked me to first text them a photo of the Smart Key ECU. They suggested it has 3 wires, a metal cover, and it might be above the accelerator pedal.
I don't see it. Can anyone tell me where the Smart Key ECU on the G90 is located and/or post a photo?
!2 volt Solutions have enabled Key FOB Start on a number of other "high end" makes and models at a reasonable cost, as they realize the 2 steps and delay needed to start using a smart phone is not convenient when you are a short distance from the vehicle.
Could this be verified comparing part numbers between the G80 and the G90 for anyone that has access to a parts catalog?

Charles Woolacott

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yesterday I visited a Genesis Dealership and obtained technical information and a drawing showing the G90 Smart Key ECU location. Genesis refer to it as an IBU Control Module. It is under the dash on the lower right side. It is not visible without removal of various components. A very knowledgeable Genesis technician indicated removal of the security cover from the module, which we understand is a requirement, might be difficult because it is secured with silicone adhesive. Because of the complexity, we have decided to await the arrival of the GV80 which will allow remote starting using the Smart Key FOB.

AVMIII

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The 12 volt solutions web site mentions something about a tamper-proof bolt, I think on the G80, and that it somehow has to be removed. Sounds like a pain.

tompass

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
SC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice find... I'd consider buying one if it will work on my 3.8 base G80.
My Lexus dealer did that for me on my GS350. Three pushes on lock button and car starts. Problem with Lexus is that as soon as you open the door, the car immediately shuts off. Some kind of safety/anti-theft feature.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Goaterguy

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My Lexus dealer did that for me on my GS350. Three pushes on lock button and car starts. Problem with Lexus is that as soon as you open the door, the car immediately shuts off. Some kind of safety/anti-theft feature.
Have you tried remote starting the car while sitting in it? Can you drive off?

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes with the G70 but have to use the phone app. No using FOB with Lexus.
Not sure I understand your first sentence. Have you tried the 12 Volt Solution on your G70, and if yes, can you start the car with it, and then enter the car and drive away without restarting?

It sounds like you were saying that you can start your G70 with the phone app - but we all can, with the Genesis app. Do you mean with the 12 Volt Solution phone app?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums