Remote Start Climate no longer working - 2017 G80 Ultimate

JBrad

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Hello! New here. Purchased a used 2017 G80 Ultimate in Oct/2020. Currently has 27,000 miles. I have the Genesis Intelligent Assist w/ connected care and remote start subscription. Over the past few days my climate has not been coming on via remote start. I have a problem ticket through Genesis started. Anyone else having this problem? Secondly, since my car has BlueLink, would the Hyundai BlueLink App work instead of using the Intelligent Assist?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello! New here. Purchased a used 2017 G80 Ultimate in Oct/2020. Currently has 27,000 miles. I have the Genesis Intelligent Assist w/ connected care and remote start subscription. Over the past few days my climate has not been coming on via remote start. I have a problem ticket through Genesis started. Anyone else having this problem? Secondly, since my car has BlueLink, would the Hyundai BlueLink App work instead of using the Intelligent Assist?
No idea on the first part

Yes, the Hyundai BlueLink app will work

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well, that explains why my Defroster was not on this morning. I just tested again and the climate was totally off.
the App on my phone was updated 2 weeks ago and I know that it has performing the correct thing last week.
so, someone on the backend server messed up some code someplace.

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
App was updated on Jan 4th
my phone installed 2 weeks ago.
I know that the defroster was kicked on the other day since when I walked outside, almost all the frost was gone.
Right now if I start the start the climate is set to "Off" and I verified that with the climate button on the car.

So, someone has messed up code on the backend server and is not transmitting the right starting codes to the car.
They got the car starting part right
They did not get set the temp to 76 and Defrost on.

Which is my normal starting for the winter since I don't know the current state of the windshield early in the morning.

Mr. Incredible

G80 gone, still a Hyundai owner. 2021 Palisade
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
App issue, a lot of people stating the same think across several Hyundai and Genesis forums. I have the issue as well.

I opened a ticket with Genesis, hopefully they address is for everyone, I’m out of my lease in less than 30 days, but my replacement is another Hyundai product and as I read the Palisades are having the same issue.

DrNo

Registered Member
Grand Island NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There are two ways to start the car. On the main screen there's a start button, but pressing that one does not allow the setting of temperatures. The bottom right corner is a remote button. Pressing that opens a menu of several actions, one of which is start. Pressing that start button brings up a temperature setting.

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You are correct...which is the one I am using and probably others are using.
it is not working. It was working last week just fie.

vmi9d3

Registered Member
Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
same here, i thought i was doing something wrong; at least once i get in it doesn't take long for the heat to start working since the car was running for 10 mins.

Kwdan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There are two ways to start the car. On the main screen there's a start button, but pressing that one does not allow the setting of temperatures. The bottom right corner is a remote button. Pressing that opens a menu of several actions, one of which is start. Pressing that start button brings up a temperature settings.
If you go into settings.. You can select a "default" start command. With or without defrost, summer or Winter. I have my default as winter with defrost. So when I hit the button on the home screen..it activated default.

Attachments

• 20210126_124921.jpg
    20210126_124921.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210126-125627_Genesis.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-125627_Genesis.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Great....Have you Tested that?
(that is my favorite saying at my job...everyone hates it when I say that since they know I know the answer already)

The App is set correctly...it worked fine up till sometime last week.
Then all of a sudden the message sent down to the car was "turn off climate control"
When you get into the car...the climate is completely turned off.

This is not a matter of not understanding how the app worked,
It is a matter of something changed in the back end.

Of, time for me to go off and fix crap at work that someone busted.

JBrad

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
OK here is an update. The remote start climate control works if the temp is set to HI. However, if I set a specific temp, it doesnt work.

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I can confirm that setting the Temp to "Hi" does work.
Better than nothing and can just set the temp when I get in the car

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

vmi9d3

Registered Member
Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Today I started getting a "PIN Token has expired [C401_11]" error and the car won't start remotely at all. I did update IOS last night, hopefully that isn't the issue.

Mr. Incredible

G80 gone, still a Hyundai owner. 2021 Palisade
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Today I started getting a "PIN Token has expired [C401_11]" error and the car won't start remotely at all. I did update IOS last night, hopefully that isn't the issue.
it is, remove and reinstall the app fixes it.

jwhky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
tested this morning - temp set to 76 and front defrost was set to off
It worked.
Heat was set to auto when I got into my car and nice and starting to get toasty inside.
it was 30 F outside this morning