Remote Start flashers

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90
it’s a bit more than from phone to satellite to car. and the slowness is apparent with many manufacturers and this type of remote start app, it al depends on your phone service Signal level and the cars 4g signal level.

Genesis uses Verizon, at my home I get 1 bar on a good day on my verizon devices. At work I get 5 bars.

the difference is apparent as remote start at home can take 2-3 minutes. At work it takes about 30 seconds.
I agree. I see the same variability depending on location. I have ATT so it’s difficult for me to correlate well with Verizon signal strength.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I agree. I see the same variability depending on location. I have ATT so it’s difficult for me to correlate well with Verizon signal strength.
yeah I’m in a primarily ATT area at home. My brothers ATT devices get full signal, i was lucky to get 1 bar on Verizon.

i complained to Verizon enough that they came out and put a repeater on my roof no cost to me, now i bounce between 2-3 bars except in rainy weather.

I would switch back to ATT but I had so many issues with them from dropped calls to inconsistent billing that I don’t want to deal with them again.

I may have low signal for data with Verizon, but I’ve never dropped a call, and never had a billing issue.

tmarcone

Genesis G80
Question from a newby who's anxiously awaiting the GV80 official reveal, hopefully on December 28 as rumored.

How quickly does the Bluelink remote start feature take to start from input to start? My wife's Lexus RX350 (which hopefully will be replaced by the GV80) uses their Enform system. It's very user unfriendly and so slow to activate the remote start from the phone to the satellite to the car that normal walks from a store etc are not long enough to knock down the heat in the AZ summer. Hoping Bluelink is much faster. I wish all remote starts were on the key fob buttons which are almost instantaneous.
I just moved from a Lexus to a Genesis and am much happier with the Genesis app. Lexus had many redundant passwords to do a simple task and the fact they charged you to autostart my car was complete B.S. The Genesis app is free for 3 years - the entire length of my lease. And for the record the G80 is much more of a car then my IS300 at the same lease cost. No regrets at all !

G-250183

Question from a newby who's anxiously awaiting the GV80 official reveal, hopefully on December 28 as rumored.

How quickly does the Bluelink remote start feature take to start from input to start? My wife's Lexus RX350 (which hopefully will be replaced by the GV80) uses their Enform system. It's very user unfriendly and so slow to activate the remote start from the phone to the satellite to the car that normal walks from a store etc are not long enough to knock down the heat in the AZ summer. Hoping Bluelink is much faster. I wish all remote starts were on the key fob buttons which are almost instantaneous.
SOO SLOW! I left keys in my 19 Santa Fe and it was running (most vehicles don't let that happen) I stood right at my car door, used the app to unlock doors and it was over 90 seconds to connect.

Bierburner

Genesis G70
I hate the flashing lights as well. In the winter, I feel bad turning my car on at 4am and having the flashing lights right outside of a neighbors window, I know I would not be happy if I had a bedroom near the street and had to see the flashing every day that early.
I feel the same way. The reason I am trying to figure out how to at least have them stay on.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis G80
High marks for your consideration for the neighbors guys!
Here's a suggestion or two: Ask the neighbors if the flashers are annoying..., maybe they don't even notice them???
Or you want to go the extra step. The only other idea is see if a shop can install an on/off switch to the lights that flash or it's warm blanket at startup time.

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I like the function of the remote start. My other car has the button on the fob but I almost always still use On-Star App vs the remote. Remote, GM & Ford anyway are about 200' or so. Phone is from any distance So to cool or heat the car I am glad to use the phone. Takes about 45 seconds at our house which is quick enough for me. GM by the way doesn't blink the lights but turns on parking lamps regardless of using key fob or phone. Only difference is blink. I can live with Blink or lumination.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Takes about 45 seconds at our house which is quick enough for me. GM by the way doesn't blink the lights but turns on parking lamps regardless of using key fob or phone. Only difference is blink. I can live with Blink or lumination.
Most times, especially in daylight, the blink is no big deal. OTOH, at a restaurant we just finished dinner and paid the bill so I started the car. There was a window, though high enough not to see care directly and everyone was treated to BLINK, BLINK, BLINK

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
I don't like the blink at all, but so far it hasn't been an issue for me or anyone else. Just wish it would start up a bit faster.

ikonn

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Hated the blinking when I first got the car, but now am totally used to it. I’m pretty indifferent to it now, although my preference would still be for the parking lights to come on and stay on.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
I've gotten used to it, too. But I don't like it on a small residential street at night - too much attention.

Don88

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis G80
Remote start, and get the G80 warmed up before the next ride is a great feature. But it seems a bit strange the law allows an automobile is allowed to be running without an operator? 'Gotta see if the car can be started remotely with the doors unlocked????? Car Jackers, your ride is ready! <G>

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
Remote start, and get the G80 warmed up before the next ride is a great feature. But it seems a bit strange the law allows an automobile is allowed to be running without an operator? 'Gotta see if the car can be started remotely with the doors unlocked????? Car Jackers, your ride is ready! <G>

no the car cannot be started with the doors unlocked with the factory system.

additionally if someone does get into the vehicle they have a limited amount of time to step on the brake with the key fob present, stepping on the brake without the key fob inside of the car and the car turns off. waiting longer than 30 seconds after opening the door and the car turns off, opening the door without using the fob or physical key and the car turns off.

so if you remoted started with the doors locked and the window down and someone reaches in hits the unlock and opens the door from the inside, the car turns off.

the car isn't going any where without the key fob..

Don88

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis G80
no the car cannot be started with the doors unlocked with the factory system.

additionally if someone does get into the vehicle they have a limited amount of time to step on the brake with the key fob present, stepping on the brake without the key fob inside of the car and the car turns off. waiting longer than 30 seconds after opening the door and the car turns off, opening the door without using the fob or physical key and the car turns off.

so if you remoted started with the doors locked and the window down and someone reaches in hits the unlock and opens the door from the inside, the car turns off.

the car isn't going any where without the key fob..
Thanks for the lesson; you are living up to your name!

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
It won't start with the windows down, either. EDIT: it doesn't say that, but I don't think it'll start with the windows down.

Attachments

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
It will start with the window down. Just did it. ???
Well damn. I didn't think it would. Kinda defeats reason for being locked.

Thanks for the update.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90
Well damn. I didn't think it would. Kinda defeats reason for being locked.

Thanks for the update.
I am not so sure. Try leaving the windows down, remote start the car and reach in unlock the door and get in.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums