Remote Start Options

MrMightyMouse

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello all,

I've been a member of the forum for a couple months now and using your guys resources been able to perform a couple of upgrades to my 17 Genesis G80. Once of the biggest things I'm struggling with is the remote start. Bluelink service is spotty and I'm probably only able to remote start my car maybe 5% of the time. I've called CS and they've put tickets in with no resolutions. Had it in the shop for two days, only to have the dealer tell me it works as expected and the probably couldn't be replicated. I called the Genesis Dealer to see if there's a remote start option using the factory FOB that could be installed and was told no.

I had seen on here someone had one installed on their 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. The local shops in the area say there's no aftermarket option for it or won't touch it.. I'm curious to see if anyone else here has the same experience or can offer some sort of solution. I found a company called 12volt through the forum that makes one that can utilize the factory remote, for the 2018s and up. I emailed them to see if it would be compatible with the 17 year as not much had changed between the minor refresh and they told me no.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello all,

I've been a member of the forum for a couple months now and using your guys resources been able to perform a couple of upgrades to my 17 Genesis G80. Once of the biggest things I'm struggling with is the remote start. Bluelink service is spotty and I'm probably only able to remote start my car maybe 5% of the time. I've called CS and they've put tickets in with no resolutions. Had it in the shop for two days, only to have the dealer tell me it works as expected and the probably couldn't be replicated. I called the Genesis Dealer to see if there's a remote start option using the factory FOB that could be installed and was told no.

I had seen on here someone had one installed on their 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. The local shops in the area say there's no aftermarket option for it or won't touch it.. I'm curious to see if anyone else here has the same experience or can offer some sort of solution. I found a company called 12volt through the forum that makes one that can utilize the factory remote, for the 2018s and up. I emailed them to see if it would be compatible with the 17 year as not much had changed between the minor refresh and they told me no.

according to Viper Alarms their system works for a 2017 Genesis G80.

you can build the system here: Build Your Viper System add just remote and fob or full security, or whatever options you want. When completed you can send to a local authorized Viper dealer to schedule and install

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums