REMOTE START OVERIDE

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
In my view 20-30feet is just about useless. The short time it takes to walk that distance is not going to make any difference in the heating or cooling of the car. I also like the feedback of knowing that the car actually did start. To me having someone add third party equipment Like this is just asking for trouble.
The aftermarket remotes I had were good for a couple hundred yards. Even longer if good sight line but buildings can cause interference at times. At my last house, 30 feet was good when the temperature was around zero and the car was out in the driveway or parking lot at work. Would be useless at the supermarket though.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Well here is another person‘s opinion. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I don’t see anywhere that Genesis says It has remote start without Connected Service which is free for three years. Suppose they say we have put it in all cars for free, no charge for the equipment or the install. If you don’t want to use it, you do have to pay for it. If you do want to use it then there is a cost after three years Same with Sirius radio, no cost unless you want to use it but it’s in every car. There are a lot of features that are built in but turned on unless you pay extra. Folks have tried turning them on but it usually doesn’t work. May not be on ongoing charge but I see it the same way. Just my opinion.
True and I do respect your opinion my only disagreement is that you are paying for the remote starter within the $ of the car within the sticker $. Then they charge you for an internet service to use your car, We can certainly agree to disagree. Just another form of tax or fee IMO

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
you are paying for the remote starter within the $ of the car within the sticker $.
I guess I would ask how you know how much you paid for the remote starter? Maybe they threw it in for free? It certainly doesn’t say you got remote starting on the sticker. So my only disagreement is that maybe you didn’t pay for it. I certainly don’t know but I don’t see it as a tax IMO.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I guess I would ask how you know how much you paid for the remote starter? Maybe they threw it in for free? It certainly doesn’t say you got remote starting on the sticker. So my only disagreement is that maybe you didn’t pay for it. I certainly don’t know but I don’t see it as a tax IMO.
When do car company’s just give stuff away for free? We can disagree it’s fine

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
When do car company’s just give stuff away for free? We can disagree it’s fine
My point is that maybe they don’t need increase the cost of the car when the include the remote start equipment Because they expect to recoup it from the monthly support fee. But we can disagree about this. It’s ok.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My point is that maybe they don’t need increase the cost of the car when the include the remote start equipment Because they expect to recoup it from the monthly support fee. But we can disagree about this. It’s ok.
✅

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So their plan is to recoup costs by charging a monthly fee and not to make a profit by giving you something you need and then charging you forever. I’d love to do that in my business. I’d a home builder selling you a house with a window or roof fee forever.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So their plan is to recoup costs by charging a monthly fee and not to make a profit by giving you something you need and then charging you forever. I’d love to do that in my business. I’d a home builder selling you a house with a window or roof fee forever.
Home builders will sell you security system with a monthly fee forever. Same with home warranty.

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Home builders will sell you security system with a monthly fee forever. Same with home warranty.
Nope we do not. The security company sells and charged 100% of the item. Builder gets 0. If you wish to argue it’s best to know the facts before doing so. In fact in 50 years never ever was fortunate enough to receive one an extra payment, fee or tax. Have a great days. You win I’m out!

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Subscription services are the wave of the future, a way for manufacturers to maintain a flow of income long after the vehicle purchase.

aftermarket systems run $300-$600 and if you add app features you will pay a monthly or yearly fee for that feature no different than with the Hyundai Blue Link app.

Don’t like it, don’t use it.. I think I have used the remote start on my G80 a half dozen times in 2.5 years, I find zero value in remote start
I live in NH and as you may guess it’s an important item in the winter for senior drivers. Can’t imagine scraping and shovelling the snow off of my car with a heart condition as well as other miscellaneous limitations. But thanks for your input. Rather a fob it’s so easy to push lock and then start plus it’s free.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums