Remote Start question

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I Have a 2017 G80 (Canadian) with jog wheel. Hence, no Genesis Connect and no Blue Link. I want to add remote starter before the winter, but I am not sure of the correct technology.

The circumstances are simple: my car is parked in an underground garage under my Town House. There are several layers of concrete structure between me and the car, so I am sure that anything bluetooth driven will not work.

Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I Have a 2017 G80 (Canadian) with jog wheel. Hence, no Genesis Connect and no Blue Link. I want to add remote starter before the winter, but I am not sure of the correct technology.

The circumstances are simple: my car is parked in an underground garage under my Town House. There are several layers of concrete structure between me and the car, so I am sure that anything bluetooth driven will not work.

Most aftermarket remotes with a fob have pretty decent straight line range but the layers of concrete may be a problem. They are essential sending a low power radio signal to the car. My own experience is a couple of walls can make a difference.

There is a solution, though it is a bit more costly. Ten minutes before you leave, send your wife down to start the car. It has a high level of reliability.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you for the sage advice Ed. Your proposed solution is, in fact, not more costly, since health care in Canada is free.

I am sure that once I recover from my injuries, I will have suitable time to research other forms of technology solutions. :woot:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Most after market systems can be made to work, find a decent stereo/alarm shop and ask.

laxdad21

Registered Member
Columbus, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

If you can get a cell signal down there, then you could look at the Viper remote starters, but I would be awfully sure first that you'll get a signal before you plunk down the cash to buy the starter and have it installed. Otherwise, you'll need that excellent Canadian health care once again.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Anyone else's remote start not working reliably lately?

Seems like mine is about 50/50 for the last week. It sends in okay, but the car just doesn't start. No error. And yes, the doors are locked.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Anyone else's remote start not working reliably lately?

Seems like mine is about 50/50 for the last week. It sends in okay, but the car just doesn't start. No error. And yes, the doors are locked.

I tried to remote lock my car last night and the app gave me an error several times, tried through Alexa same issue.

not sure if it is the app or the fires in SoCal causing issues, TV signal was crap also

corvette18TRGS

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Most aftermarket remotes with a fob have pretty decent straight line range but the layers of concrete may be a problem. They are essential sending a low power radio signal to the car. My own experience is a couple of walls can make a difference.

There is a solution, though it is a bit more costly. Ten minutes before you leave, send your wife down to start the car. It has a high level of reliability.
Not my wife she’d never go and if she did she’d get lost

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums