Remote start sequence on factory key fob for 2016 Genesis Sedan

moose4595

Hasn't posted much yet...
cincinnati
OK, newer member here :worthy: , bought my Gene in Nov 2016 (got a heluva deal), and absolutely LUV it ... part of the deal was that they install a remote starter, as i noticed that it didn't come with one unless part of the Hyundai App. It included 2 remote starter fobs (not part of factory fobs). Well, this past weekend, my wife used the car, and when she arrived at her destination, she made sure she locked the car, but may have inadvertantly come upon a sequence that started the car remotely with the factory fob (no, she didn't have the aftermarket fob with her). She showed me when she got home, and it did it every time with both of our remotes.

My question is - could this be a factory default that they didn't let out, or just part of the aftermarket installed starter ? I didn't see anything about it on/in the box that the kit came in ...

Thanks ... Matthew

chris41

Registered Member
Cleveland
Why not share the sequence so we can test it ourselves? If your wife truly discovered a back entry to remote start, you will become an instant superstar.

GCyr42

Registered Member
OK, newer member here :worthy: , bought my Gene in Nov 2016 (got a heluva deal), and absolutely LUV it ... part of the deal was that they install a remote starter, as i noticed that it didn't come with one unless part of the Hyundai App. It included 2 remote starter fobs (not part of factory fobs). Well, this past weekend, my wife used the car, and when she arrived at her destination, she made sure she locked the car, but may have inadvertantly come upon a sequence that started the car remotely with the factory fob (no, she didn't have the aftermarket fob with her). She showed me when she got home, and it did it every time with both of our remotes.

My question is - could this be a factory default that they didn't let out, or just part of the aftermarket installed starter ? I didn't see anything about it on/in the box that the kit came in ...

Thanks ... Matthew
Gee--that was very helpful. I'll run out and try that sequence right off. Oh, you didn't tell us what it was...

moose4595

Hasn't posted much yet...
cincinnati
Sorry ... sequence is LOCK-LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK ...

Please let us know if it works for y'all !!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOCK - LOCK - UNLOCK - LOCK

zeez

Getting familiar with the group...

Thanks ... Matthew
This may be attributable to the fact that you had them install a remote starter. Regardless of whether you are using the fobs they gave you or the standard fob both of them may be triggering the remote start that was installed, which would explain why it does not work for anyone else who has replied to this thread.

tamgen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
How about for the 2019 g90?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.