• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Remote Start?

SoleOfJohn

Registered Member
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I've been curious about adding a remote start to my Genesis. Has anyone here had one installed? Suggestions on types? It looks like I'll need to carry a second FOB just for the remote start. Would be cool if I could set it so that Lock 3 times would start the car, but I know that's not possible.

ThunderChicken

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I've been curious about adding a remote start to my Genesis. Has anyone here had one installed? Suggestions on types? It looks like I'll need to carry a second FOB just for the remote start. Would be cool if I could set it so that Lock 3 times would start the car, but I know that's not possible.
A 531t module might be something you'd be interested in.

MADDMOE

Registered Member
NY NY
....I have had my Viper remote start on my 09 Genesis 4.6 since cell phones with internet was invented and loved it ever since...........especially in the winter !

SoleOfJohn

Registered Member
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Genesis Model Type
....I have had my Viper remote start on my 09 Genesis 4.6 since cell phones with internet was invented and loved it ever since...........especially in the winter !
What model did you get if you don't mind me asking?

SoleOfJohn

Registered Member
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Genesis Model Type

TYPHOON

Genesis Model Type
not much help but i just bought my 12 5.0 r spec and i press 3 times on lock and it starts

kw88keys

Registered Member
NYC
not much help but i just bought my 12 5.0 r spec and i press 3 times on lock and it starts
??? After reading your post I tried this on my 2014 1st generation 5.0 R Spec and cannot do this. Is this a special feature that you added somehow? The only remote start I have been able to access is through the BlueLink app. SInce reading your post I have tried several combination of pressing my lock button on the keyfob and no results for starting. This is the first I have heard of this. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

TYPHOON

Genesis Model Type
??? After reading your post I tried this on my 2014 1st generation 5.0 R Spec and cannot do this. Is this a special feature that you added somehow? The only remote start I have been able to access is through the BlueLink app. SInce reading your post I have tried several combination of pressing my lock button on the keyfob and no results for starting. This is the first I have heard of this. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!
Hey I'm not sure. when I get home from work if it's not freezing rain I'll take a video... If you have any idea where I could look for a piece for it in my car for the name of starter Lmk. I have a button in the little slot below the CD player... I imagine to disable auto start......

kw88keys

Registered Member
NYC
Hey I'm not sure. when I get home from work if it's not freezing rain I'll take a video... If you have any idea where I could look for a piece for it in my car for the name of starter Lmk. I have a button in the little slot below the CD player... I imagine to disable auto start......
Thanks very much. It's a mystery to me. I'm assuming you have a normal key fob like the one pictured below.

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type
I am certain that you have aftermarket remote start device installed in your car.

I did it with my wife's minivan - VW Routan. I installed aftermarket remote start device, which was plug-n-play. Now she presses lock button on her keyfob three times and van starts remotely.

Your device may be hidden behind lower part of the dash somewhere.

If you find that device let us know please what device is that because I would like to have remote start for my 2011 4.6 Genesis.

shahhere

Getting familiar with the group...
Montgomeryville, PA area
Genesis Model Type
I purchased a Remote starter from Best Buy and the price was reasonable as it included installation and 1 of the remote is a 2 way Remote so after you start the car you get a confirmation beep on the remote that the car did start and it has a very good range of 3000 feet (haven't tested this limit).

The problem with Best Buy is that their scheduling sucks and I've waited from end of November until Feb 18th to get it installed but its there now. Also, they couldnt program the original remote on the below system to also start the car as is the case for other car models where you can "Lock, Unlock, Lock" to start the car. The starter remote is not bulky or heavy so I dont mind it and as stated its 2 way so you know for sure the car started and dont have to Guess as is the case in my 2019 Camry as you don't get a return confirmation.

Compustar 4905S-Kit 2-Way Remote Start System w/ Tilt Switch + Installation $239.99

Shahhere