Remove center console buttons for cleaning?

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I may have spilled a bit of Dr. Pepper on the 360 cam button. Such that it's a bit sticky compared to the other ones. Can the buttons be easily removed for cleaning, like on a keyboard?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I may have spilled a bit of Dr. Pepper on the 360 cam button. Such that it's a bit sticky compared to the other ones. Can the buttons be easily removed for cleaning, like on a keyboard?

According to the FSM, you can pop off the entire cover that surrounds the shift knob by using a flat head screwdriver. Looks like it is just clipped in. It's not saying anything about the buttons, specifically, but maybe once you have the whole thing removed you could see a bit better and figure it out from there? I'll shoot you a PM to show you what I'm talking about...

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
According to the FSM, you can pop off the entire cover that surrounds the shift knob by using a flat head screwdriver. Looks like it is just clipped in. It's not saying anything about the buttons, specifically, but maybe once you have the whole thing removed you could see a bit better and figure it out from there? I'll shoot you a PM to show you what I'm talking about...
Thanks, I'll give it a look one of these days when it's not 100 degrees out and raining. Seems like something I'd f$%k up a clip on though.

Wow, this is the second Dr. Pepper complaint in just a few days. I thought the other one was more fun, though.
I'm glad my life isn't that exciting.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have one of those lego "separator" pieces? I'd use plastic over metal, but that's me personally.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have one of those lego "separator" pieces? I'd use plastic over metal, but that's me personally.
I have a plastic separator piece that came with my dash cams I'd try using before I pulled out the screw driver.

Oddly enough it wasn't sticky today, maybe threatening to take the car apart was enough to scare it away.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a plastic separator piece that came with my dash cams I'd try using before I pulled out the screw driver.

Oddly enough it wasn't sticky today, maybe threatening to take the car apart was enough to scare it away.
That's the exact tool I had in mind when I posted... but figured not everyone has a dash cam.

Most people have Legos, though.... especially people with kiddos!

XD