remove ice warning

G-428700

I'm going through my first early winter with my G70. If the temperature goes below 39° an ice warning comes on with an annoying audio and then an ice icon stays lit. I do not remember my 2015 G80 doing this They should've removed this from the California bound vehicles because we never see ice here. Is there any way to remove this ice warning?

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm going through my first early winter with my G70. If the temperature goes below 39° an ice warning comes on with an annoying audio and then an ice icon stays lit. I do not remember my 2015 G80 doing this They should've removed this from the California bound vehicles because we never see ice here. Is there any way to remove this ice warning?
The warning is more about the possibility of black ice, as opposed to winter ice. Black ice can form in areas of low temperature even if there's no snow on the ground.

But to answer your question, there's no option to disable this warning that I'm aware of.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's removable.
I stand corrected that warning this can be disabled. Here’s a relevant section of the manual:

Icy Road Warning Light (if equipped)
This warning light is to warn the driver the road may be icy. When the temperature on the outside temperature gauge is approximately below 40°F (4°C), the Icy Road Warning Light and Outside Temperature Gauge blinks and then illuminates. Also, the warning chime sounds 1 time.

You can activate or deactivate Icy Road Warning function from the User
Settings mode in the cluster LCD display

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums