Repairs under warranty

CaliTL

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
GV80 owners and leaseholders: what has your experience been getting problems repaired under warranty?

What problems have you noticed? How did the dealer respond? Did they cover everything under the warrant or make you pay? Did you need to get it repaired at a Genesis dealer, or a Hyandai dealer? How long did it take to get the car fixed? Did they give you a free loaner car while it was being repaired? How nice was the loaner?

Is anyone concerned about Hyundai's financial ability to make good on all of its warranties?

It's rated Baa1 by Moody's. Hyundai Motor Company | Reports | Moody's

Regor60

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
GV80 owners and leaseholders: what has your experience been getting problems repaired under warranty?

What problems have you noticed? How did the dealer respond? Did they cover everything under the warrant or make you pay? Did you need to get it repaired at a Genesis dealer, or a Hyandai dealer? How long did it take to get the car fixed? Did they give you a free loaner car while it was being repaired? How nice was the loaner?

Is anyone concerned about Hyundai's financial ability to make good on all of its warranties?

Are you writing an article ? GTFOH

Backslack

Registered Member
Is this a joke? Honestly just buy the lexus. You are looking for any silly reason to justify buying that ugly beast. If you get the genesis you wont be happy.
Going through his post history, it's like he's a bot. Just repeating the exact same questions even though they've been answered numerous times, posting the exact same links in every thread, and some weird need to validate the Lexus RX as being somehow a better car than the GV80.

Haven't seen a freak spammer of this magnitude since the guy who got triggered over the red turn signals of the GV80 and proceeded to make multiple accounts just to spam his displeasure, not just on this site but others.

CaliTL

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey guys. These are legitimate questions and I am considering both the Genesis and the Lexus RX. The Genesis is beautiful but just seems like a bigger risk, given consumer reports reviews, reputation for reliability, etc. I'd appreciate serious responses from people who've had the experience of owning the GV80.

hd222

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys. These are legitimate questions and I am considering both the Genesis and the Lexus RX. The Genesis is beautiful but just seems like a bigger risk, given consumer reports reviews, reputation for reliability, etc. I'd appreciate serious responses from people who've had the experience of owning the GV80.
What's a small sample size of a few people going to give you? Lexus obviously has to make repairs to their vehicles as well otherwise why do they have repair shops. You're not going to get any meaningful information. You're simply looking for justification to buy the ugly Lexus so just do it.

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have been on many car forms of vehicles that we've owned and I found out on all of them most people go there to complain about problems and like mentioned in the above post that is a very small sample of the amount of cars that are out there compared to the complaints so for every one bad experience there's probably 20 positive ones

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The Lexus may have a better track record of reliability and better customer service but you're getting less horsepower and in my opinion an older design Genesis needs to step it up on how they treat customers but 90% of us are buying the car for its looks and performance not the service writer

Backslack

Registered Member
Plenty of people have given you "serious responses" when you asked these same questions over and over again in other threads. You completely ignored them and continued to spam the same questions because you wanted more validation on picking the RX over the GV80. That, or you're just trolling.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You need better sources

CaliTL

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You need better sources

The 2021 version of the same study shows Genesis is above average, but Lexus is in the lead. Lexus 81, Genesis 102.

Still, it's comforting that Gensis is above average, even if not quite as reliable.

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Here's how all manufacturers do. Not a single one of them is amazing. Sometimes they will do well, sometimes not. Your experience is dependant on a number of factors.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Kia/Hyundai will never fail financially. The company makes up like 10% of Korea's GDP, Samsung makes up like 30. The entire country will need to collapse for Kia/Hyundai to falter.

On my G70 Genesis has been much better and easier to deal with than Alfa ever was.

Louislee1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Louislee1

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
having issues with the lane assist warning light & the display screen. Dealer wouldn’t even look at it. Told me engineers where working on it, they’ll let me know.

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
i see you are driving a 2022 gv80? i didnt think they were out yet

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners