Replace backup lights - anyone done it?

Sayantsi

Been here awhile...
Mainly interested in how to go about swapping the bulbs. Do I need to pull the liner, and then unbolt the light assembly from the trunk lid to get to them?

TIA

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Mainly interested in how to go about swapping the bulbs. Do I need to pull the liner, and then unbolt the light assembly from the trunk lid to get to them?

TIA
Great thread Sayantsi. I'm planning on doing the same. I'm sure you'll have to pull the liner back to get to the assembly. I've been looking at 2 differerent powerful LED's, but I don't know if they will fit. I also noticed that I can't see the bulb at all from outside of the car. I'll have to dig in and see what I find once the my car is out of storage this Spring. Let me know what you find out. I'm interested to see the size/length of the bulbs. 1 LED I like is 1.4 inches long, and the other is 1.8.

Sayantsi

Been here awhile...
Well, I'll try and get around to it. Post something up, but it won't be for a while.

kayroe

Getting familiar with the group...
Does anyone know if the trunk liner has to be pulled in order to remove the backup lights for replacement. I have attempted to remove the liner before but the plastic piece covering the trunk catch won't come loose. I downloaded a Genesis service manual for about ten dollars but the instructions within the manual are skimpy at best. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a real manual?

mikec

Registered Member
SoCal
Get a "print to PDF" printer driver for your computer. Then sign up on www.hmaservice.com and you can access the Hyundai factory service manuals for pretty much any Hyundai. Select the BH if you have a Genesis Sedan, then "print" each chapter to a PDF on your computer.

mpc

Bullard_07

Hasn't posted much yet...
I've got two LEDs in the reverse lights and it looks great but doesn't really add much light to the back up cam. The LEDs I installed in the license plate actually help more than reverse lights. I still recommend doing both as it takes less than half hour to do both and makes the car look very nice at night without ANY halogen lights.

MrBuzzard

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Backup lights on my 2017 G90 provide very little illumination! What can I do to improve night time visibility of the road behind me when in reverse?