Replacing Equus Headlights

2madd

Hasn't posted much yet...
Serattle
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

We did this to our Equus after we purchaced them. The first was a 2013 Signature in 2016 the second was a 2013 Ultimate in 2017 and the third was a 2011 Ultimate also in 2017. The 2013 Equuses also received the vertical grilles as well and the Signature"s shift console was replaced with the ultimate's rear entertainment unit as well. They serve as Limos in our fleet. No names are on the outside of them so the mystery continues as we bring our guests up in these. There are 3 different types of headlamps that will fit in the Equus. I bought both the alternatives after extensive research. Most components interchange amonst these cars but the wiring must be modified between the signature and the ultimate (prestige) version.

john massaria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Which plastic snaps did you need to buy more of and where did you get them? I'd like to do this upgrade sometime in the summer.
the snaps are all around engine and bottom of engine- when I got my oil changed I asked my mechanic to replace them- he did and zero charge! cheers!

john massaria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
View attachment 18230View attachment 18228View attachment 18229View attachment 18230View attachment 18231View attachment 18233View attachment 18232View attachment 18228

We did this to our Equus after we purchaced them. The first was a 2013 Signature in 2016 the second was a 2013 Ultimate in 2017 and the third was a 2011 Ultimate also in 2017. The 2013 Equuses also received the vertical grilles as well and the Signature"s shift console was replaced with the ultimate's rear entertainment unit as well. They serve as Limos in our fleet. No names are on the outside of them so the mystery continues as we bring our guests up in these. There are 3 different types of headlamps that will fit in the Equus. I bought both the alternatives after extensive research. Most components interchange amonst these cars but the wiring must be modified between the signature and the ultimate (prestige) version.
looks incredible! where did you get grill?

john massaria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
How much were those lights and where did you get them? They look great
I got mine on ebay- they had a slight yellow hue on halo light and they were not new- but they look great- the seller rudeced the price because of this so I got them for $900- but they usually cost $2500-3500 I think new

loose_unit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Will these fit on a 2011 Equus? They look awesome!

loose_unit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I think they should. I just ordered a used pair for my 2011 on eBay yesterday :)
I would love to know how easy it is, and also that all the systems like auto-leveling work as if they do not work it will fail inspection here in Germany

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I would love to know how easy it is, and also that all the systems like auto-leveling work as if they do not work it will fail inspection here in Germany
I'm not going to do it myself most likely since the front bumper and airbox need to be removed and I don't have a good space to work in currently. From what I understand, the wiring is the same for the Ultimate trim level and auto-leveling works correctly as the Ultimate spec already has auto-leveling headlights.

Replacing Equus Headlights < This post in this thread describes what goes into replacing them.

loose_unit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Okay, good - I just saw the price... Nope, not going to spend that much money yet :-D I have not even had the car for one month yet!

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

Got them installed today and loving them. Only gripe is the highbeam bulb (larger single light towards the middle, came pre-installed) appears to be halogen still. I'm hoping I can swap that for an LED bulb but we'll see.

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
View attachment 18229

What bulbs do you have for the high beams? Yours look white while mine are amber and I'd like to replace mine with the ones you have

loose_unit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
View attachment 18842

Got them installed today and loving them. Only gripe is the highbeam bulb (larger single light towards the middle, came pre-installed) appears to be halogen still. I'm hoping I can swap that for an LED bulb but we'll see.
Those look awesome! Maybe in a year or so when I know the car better I will invest :) It is quite an expensive upgrade for me, and also I am not even sure if it will be strictly legal here in Europe.

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Those look awesome! Maybe in a year or so when I know the car better I will invest :) It is quite an expensive upgrade for me, and also I am not even sure if it will be strictly legal here in Europe.
It's not legal here in the US either ;)

All US cars are supposed to have a yellow side marker, but these headlights have silver. Fortunately here in NJ only emissions are checked during inspections.

loose_unit

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
It's not legal here in the US either ;)

All US cars are supposed to have a yellow side marker, but these headlights have silver. Fortunately here in NJ only emissions are checked during inspections.
The side marker requires a special exemption here in Europe as it is technically illegal - I am fairly certain the inspection person will not notice, if he does I can just swap the old ones in.

cruno

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
View attachment 18230View attachment 18228View attachment 18229View attachment 18230View attachment 18231View attachment 18233View attachment 18232View attachment 18228

Any recommendation on high beam/DLR bulbs for the KDM headlights? Mine came with halogen which I replaced with some cheap ebay LED bulbs but the highbeam is not powerful enough.

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
Hi all. I purchased the lights for a 2014 signature and the mechanic said it's not plug in play. I'm confused. The lights I've seen were installed in ultimate. Anyone know of an adapter or a way around this?20949IMG_20190618_174649.jpg