Replacing Equus Headlights

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
My apologies didn't see page 2. Can the wire modifications be done easily for a signature or does a body shop or audio shop have to hard wire them in? I was told my signature had an circular connectors but the lamps have this pill shaped housing.

brucehulkbanner

MD
I just installed both lights and they work great. I did the work myself- came out awesome after three hours from beginning to end- saved between $200-400 which is what a mechanic wanted. I will try to upload pictures.
Do you have an ultimate or signature? Any pictures of the harness. Mechanic said he couldn't install mine

brucehulkbanner

MD
View attachment 18230View attachment 18228View attachment 18229View attachment 18230View attachment 18231View attachment 18233View attachment 18232View attachment 18228

We did this to our Equus after we purchaced them. The first was a 2013 Signature in 2016 the second was a 2013 Ultimate in 2017 and the third was a 2011 Ultimate also in 2017. The 2013 Equuses also received the vertical grilles as well and the Signature"s shift console was replaced with the ultimate's rear entertainment unit as well. They serve as Limos in our fleet. No names are on the outside of them so the mystery continues as we bring our guests up in these. There are 3 different types of headlamps that will fit in the Equus. I bought both the alternatives after extensive research. Most components interchange amonst these cars but the wiring must be modified between the signature and the ultimate (prestige) version.
What modifications need to be done? I have a 2014 signature and the busy shop told me the connectors don't match. Please help?

brucehulkbanner

MD
What modifications need to be done? I have a 2014 signature and the busy shop told me the connectors don't match. Please help?
So I had to find my own answers. There is no modification needed for 2014 centennial lights to 2014 equus signature. It is plug and play. If you just want the Halo without high beam halogen drl on at the same time (which makes the car look older to me) someone will have to install a relay. IMG_20190710_210721.jpgIMG_20190711_113958.jpg

Attachments