Replacing Equus Headlights

maybach11

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
So I was at the local shop and it turns out the passenger side light is faulty. The driver's side functioned just like you said. All off when off, halogen halo + DRL LEDs with parking lights, DRL LEDs + reg beam 3 LEDs on on, turn signals and high beam work fine too. We tried hooking up the pass side light to the driver's side cable and it was just like yesterday where only the DRL LEDs and turn signals worked. I'm not sure if there's a car lighting place that will be able to fix it.

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
So I was at the local shop and it turns out the passenger side light is faulty. The driver's side functioned just like you said. All off when off, halogen halo + DRL LEDs with parking lights, DRL LEDs + reg beam 3 LEDs on on, turn signals and high beam work fine too. We tried hooking up the pass side light to the driver's side cable and it was just like yesterday where only the DRL LEDs and turn signals worked. I'm not sure if there's a car lighting place that will be able to fix it.
damn, that's tough. i figured it has to be a malfunction. Call no limit. they have a electronics guy who does awesome work. It's not cheap but great quality work. Other than that Idk. I went to alot of places who wouldn't' touch them using various excuses after my initial mechanic told me they don't fit...mind you he never actually tried to install them, so I went to alot of places over those two months until NO Limit said come through

genesis4650

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

Hi there, maybe you can ask the seller whom you bought the headlights from if you can return the faulty one.

I dont have an equus, but I came across these Equus Hermes headlights on ebay while I was looking for genesis prada headlights. They are cool. Always wonder why the Korean market always gets the cool goodies but not the US.

Anyways, hope you get the problem fixed.

maybach11

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi everybody! So it turns out the ballast wasnt plugged in on the passengers side hahaha so I got them installed today and everything works. Thank you all for the help! 20200620_120428.jpg

Superjeep59

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I have a 2016 ultimate. do I still have to do the relay to have the halo on for drl instead if the halogen drl?

Superjeep59

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Okay good, was just trying to start from the basics. several Hyundai dealerships were no help to me and many mechanics would not remove the bumper because they were saying it would not fit although I had done all the research and was willing to pay lol after two months of various attempts, I went to No Limit who does custom work on cars,rims etc and the guy called me within 20 minutes and said what's the problem with hooking these up they came right on and offered to install the relay to cut out the halogen bulb unless I turn on my high beams so that it would have the true 2020 all LED Halo look. Good luck. Hope it's something simple but your on the right track
any chance you have a pic of how they did the relay?

RichieRichRFA

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I'm pretty sure 2011-2015 all fit the same. LIke I said, even my 2011 was able to fit these no problem. Completely plug and play.

so I got the Korean style and connected and when turn on running lights halo on turn on headlines the three outer work but have no bright light . Why is this? the single larger light doesn’t come on so I didn’t connect the other headlamp up yet. But it does look better....

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums