• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Replacing HID bulbs in 2015 Sedan

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Anyone have a howto on replacing the HID bulbs? Pics or video?
Thanks in advance!

JerryK73

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
It is a pain in the ass to do. Basically you have to take the air box out on the passenger side. Remove the dust cap covering the hole to the headlight bulb. Remove the phillips head screw on one side of the bulb holder then bend it out of the way. Remove and unplug the old bulb, insert the new bulb, then bend the clip back into place and put the screw back in. For the drivers side it is the same procedure minus removal of the airbox.

JerryK73

Genesis Model Type
Don't touch the glass on the bulb. If you do clean the glass with rubbing alcohol. I wouldn't worry about any discharge as long as the vehicle is off and the accessory isn't on.

optimagenesis

Genesis Model Type
I found a video with the steps. What precautions do we need to take in changing an HID bulb? I see all these warnings about the voltage, even with the power disconnected, and that a technician should do it. Searching the web didn't turn up much useful about it, mostly just speculations.

Headlight Change 2015-2016 Hyundai Genesis 2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 3.8L V6
I found a video with the steps. What precautions do we need to take in changing an HID bulb? I see all these warnings about the voltage, even with the power disconnected, and that a technician should do it. Searching the web didn't turn up much useful about it, mostly just speculations.

Headlight Change 2015-2016 Hyundai Genesis 2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 3.8L V6
:) excellent video, When it is time to change my bulbs - Thank you

John ONeill

Wow. Was I lucky or what. No problems whatsoever. My front turn signal bulbs have burned out 6 times in the 3 years I have owned my 2015 Genesis 5.0 sedan. I purchased the 1157 12vdc, 15 leds bulbs, manufactured by Pilot from Pep Boys, normally $19.99, purchased on line and picked up at the store with a $5 discount for $14.99. Cleaned the sockets, plugged them in and they work perfect. No load resister required, its built into the bulb. No polarity issues. No fast flash. A beautiful thing. Now lets see how long they last. Cant be any worse than the factory bulbs

septicwar

Genesis Model Type
Fairly straight forward it was already explained but if you have experience changing other d1s bulbs it's about 10 minutes per headlamp. Just changed out my OEM bulbs for Osram Cool Blue Boost bulbs and the difference is amazing. Much whiter light on the ground. Reminds me of the new Toyota LED headlights.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums