• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Report your NAV errors to M&Soft

mcginnpm

Registered Member
I've seen a lot of gripes about the NAV system on this forum. However, all of us bitchin' back'n'forth, day in and day out does next to nothing to get the problems fixed. We need to let someone who CAN fix the problems know about them.

Many folks are probably not aware that M&Soft (the manufacture of the NAV database for all Hyundai's) has a "Map Data Error Report" page on their website.

Updated by Gambler (10/25/2011):https://www.mapnsoft.com/us/hyundai/maperror.asp

You can also contact the M&SOFT Map Center at 1-888-757-0010, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST Monday through Friday to report issues.

I don't know if Sal can make this a "sticky" post, or maybe when folks have a NAV data problem and report it to M&Soft, they can also summarize it here, which will bump this thread back to the top and keep it visible to future posters who have NAV problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thank you, pittisit, for reporting this topic. The link is broken and we either need a new page to link to or we'll need to unstick this topic. Can somebody volunteer to find the new page?

RedDwarf

Hasn't posted much yet...
Doesn't seem to work Keeps changing Zip Code and mislabels my road.

BioSci

Registered Member
Boston MetroWest
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Works for me. I just reported a local road that's been closed for more than 10 years yet still the guidance application wants me to take it.

johnnycage

Hasn't posted much yet...
In my initial research it looks like $169 from mapnsoft.

I've seen some discs on ebay for much less but am not sure about compatibility and multiple uses of the authentication code.

Checking with the dealer next.

Let us know if you learn anything new.

Thanks, JT

QuantumRift

Been here awhile...
Central OH
IF you have the touch screen unit, you can DIY.

Unfortunately, the prem/tech pkg units have to "dealer updgraded" at a cost of over $350 now.

why? From what I understand of the process, the car MUST be powered up during the process (12V batt charger on battery, or engine running) as it is quite easy to BRICK your head unit, mid-upgrade, should it lose power or be shut off. Dunno if that's true, but that's what my local Hyundai parts person told me in AZ a few years ago.... :(

What is the best way to update your maps?

Thanks!
Jake

2013 Genesis R-Spec

Windchaser

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I’ve done the upgrade twice now. Once in my Sonata and once in my G80. The update process is very easy. I put a charger in the battery, started the update and came back about 40 minutes later.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums