Resonator delete on 09 genesis. Anyone done this yet?

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Has anyone done this on an 09 genesis with the 3.8 I'm getting a muffler delete but was thinking of getting a resonator delete as well. If I do the resonator delete is their gonna be problems at all.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Are you referring to the factory H-pipe for deletion? If so, deleting this will bring on crazy drone, so I would recommend either leaving it on otherwise installing an X-pipe. Your best option would be to purchase a catback exhaust from MagnaFlow or Borla. A catback system is reversible vs. cutting out exhaust and welding in different mufflers etc.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
Are you referring to the factory H-pipe for deletion? If so, deleting this will bring on crazy drone, so I would recommend either leaving it on otherwise installing an X-pipe. Your best option would be to purchase a catback exhaust from MagnaFlow or Borla. A catback system is reversible vs. cutting out exhaust and welding in different mufflers etc.
I just got a muffler delete done so far and then I'm thinking of doing a custom exaust system eventually but thanks for the tip also got a y pipe installed

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
Where can I purchase a decent catback exhaust system for the genesis 3.8

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners