Resonator delete on 09 genesis. Anyone done this yet?

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Has anyone done this on an 09 genesis with the 3.8 I'm getting a muffler delete but was thinking of getting a resonator delete as well. If I do the resonator delete is their gonna be problems at all.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Are you referring to the factory H-pipe for deletion? If so, deleting this will bring on crazy drone, so I would recommend either leaving it on otherwise installing an X-pipe. Your best option would be to purchase a catback exhaust from MagnaFlow or Borla. A catback system is reversible vs. cutting out exhaust and welding in different mufflers etc.

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
Are you referring to the factory H-pipe for deletion? If so, deleting this will bring on crazy drone, so I would recommend either leaving it on otherwise installing an X-pipe. Your best option would be to purchase a catback exhaust from MagnaFlow or Borla. A catback system is reversible vs. cutting out exhaust and welding in different mufflers etc.
I just got a muffler delete done so far and then I'm thinking of doing a custom exaust system eventually but thanks for the tip also got a y pipe installed

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jroc1771

Genesis Model Type
Where can I purchase a decent catback exhaust system for the genesis 3.8

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners