• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Road rash scrapes on underside of front bumper on 2019 G80 with sport package

kayej

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Any suggestions on a possible scratch guards for underside of front bumper? I have bottomed out the bumper on two occassions while driving over road dips and once on a parking spot front curb. Fairly deep scratches although not visible unless you look under the bumper - but I know they are there. Thanks.

davidfitzgerald

Havana Red is the most amazing color!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Harlingen, Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My wife and I have the same problem. There are occasions when one of us parks by feel!

I try to not fixate on it but I know that they are there.

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I've not found a solution/guard. It is hard to protect plastic from a moving +4,500lb object. Sounds like a million dollar idea waiting for a solution.

I've scraped numerous bumpers (curbs/garage door) over the years. It's just inherent with low riding vehicles and plastic bumpers. This makes you miss chrome/metal bumpers from the good ole days. I learned to drive on a 1975 Chevy Impala. It would do more damage to the object being hit than the bumper.:cool:

I am now uber cautious when parking and use the cameras/parking sensors to avoid these boo boos.

Last edited:

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Serendipitously, I stopped by my detail guys shop this week. He was selling SlipLo Universal Skid plate. I cannot speak to how this works as I have not tried it. This appears to protect the underside of the bumper and provide a little bit of protection for the lowest part of the front lip. I'd be interested in feedback from anyone that has used this.

kayej

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for the info; just ordered a set of the Sliplo Skid Plates and will post an update after install and use. BTW if you use promo code CCAD10OFF you can receive 10% off courtesy of a youtuber who posted a review.

Badger1977

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Serendipitously, I stopped by my detail guys shop this week. He was selling SlipLo Universal Skid plate. I cannot speak to how this works as I have not tried it. This appears to protect the underside of the bumper and provide a little bit of protection for the lowest part of the front lip. I'd be interested in feedback from anyone that has used this.
Yes, thank you much. SlipLo is on the list.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums