Rock chip

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was washing my car today and noticed this huge rock chip on my driver side A-pillar area, can't believe I didn't notice it earlier. Does anyone have experience with these touch up paint pens? And how much do you think a dealership or paint shop would charge to fix it?

Attachments

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was washing my car today and noticed this huge rock chip on my driver side A-pillar area, can't believe I didn't notice it earlier. Does anyone have experience with these touch up paint pens? And how much do you think a dealership or paint shop would charge to fix it?
i had a rock chip the first week, used a touch up pen that I bought at Oreillys. Worked well for the 10 foot rule (looks good enough from 10 feet away) but those paint pens are hard as hell to use accurately and well. Also I couldnt get the filled in chip and the existing paint to look flush. Others might have more success than me, for some context I almost failed art class in middle and high school :p

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Let us know if you end up getting ahold of a place to fix it. I'd be interested to see how much it costs.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I always recommend getting a Genesis (Hyundai) color matching paint pen. They come with a small brush tip for applying and a hard, chisel like grinder to buff away rough edges. It's best used on horizontal surfaces, but of course those never get hit. Use ancient Tibetan Asian Patience and have a paper towel or sponge handy to dab away excess and just do it in multiple, small layers allowing it to dry between.

By the time you finish you'll find another chip.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.