Rust Proofing

Sebass66

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wondering what you guys use for rust proofing or if you even bother? We get quite the amount of snow and salt for a few months a here down in southern Ontario. I usually use Krown rustproofing for my other vehicles. Thoughts?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wondering what you guys use for rust proofing or if you even bother? We get quite the amount of snow and salt for a few months a here down in southern Ontario. I usually use Krown rustproofing for my other vehicles. Thoughts?
Terry our GXM said never to do it. So it has probably been treated well at the factory.
I never did my TL either and it was pristine on the bottom sans the heat shield which the dealer replaced when they replaced my drive shaft!
Maybe just jack it up and spray some Fluid Film or something in spots that you may think are troublesome!

Mooch174

Registered Member
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I asked about Krown too and they said it was fine but I didn't need to bother if I was leasing. I was going to do it anyway. I wonder why they said not to do it?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mooch174

Registered Member
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why would you spend money to protect a car from rusting 10 years from now when you are going to turn it in after 3 years? Not to mention, it is not 1975 any more and rusting it not a big problem with cars today. Most have good rust through warranty.
Hopefully someone will still be using it in 10 years. ;)
It may even be me!

jimmy buoy

Getting familiar with the group...
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm in SW Ontario and I've debated the same thing. Crown is considered the best, but even so I get concerned about them drilling holes in my car to apply the product and also the effect that the product may have on the cars rubber parts. Also, I spend much of the bad weather in Florida and drive my 20yr old Honda Accord when there's too much salt slop on the roads. After 3yrs of ownership its safe to say that I've decided to just keep an eye on the body for any signs of rusting. So far, so good.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm in SW Ontario and I've debated the same thing. Crown is considered the best, but even so I get concerned about them drilling holes in my car to apply the product and also the effect that the product may have on the cars rubber parts. Also, I spend much of the bad weather in Florida and drive my 20yr old Honda Accord when there's too much salt slop on the roads. After 3yrs of ownership its safe to say that I've decided to just keep an eye on the body for any signs of rusting. So far, so good.
If Crown is oil based, don't use it. If it is silicon based or water based, it may be safe.
I still wouldn't do it and get a wash once a week in winter!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ziebart Rust proofing.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.