• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

rusty bolts .

bluesport70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i have a 2019 has 1000 miles ,i folded down my rear seats looking to add aftermarket subs and the seat brackets inside the car have rusty and corroded bolts. anyone else have that issue

bluesport70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would most definitely take it in to your dealer and question them about this,Doesn’t sound kosher to me.
I brought it in they had no idea what to say . said they would order me new bolts along with the faded dark chrome window trim 🤨

Ragnar

Been here awhile...
I’d wanta know where the rust came from in the first place, I’d check them periodically !

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you know where the car was delivered, was it a costal city near salt? Could be that the bolts were not plated / painted, but even in that case, where did they pick up enough corrosive material to cause that? Might be worth a deeper look. Plain iron can rust from just humidity.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums