RWD vs AWD

Gennnnnnnnnesis

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For those that have AWD, how do you like it and how do the ride characteristics compare to the RWD version of the car?

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For those that have AWD, how do you like it and how do the ride characteristics compare to the RWD version of the car?
I chose AWD bc I live in NJ but I had a RWD Cadillac ATS and the grip of AWD is great. Sport mode gives you a 90/10 split.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There have been other discussions on this that you may want to search for. Once in the past few days, in fact. If you live in snow country, I'd go with AWD.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is mostly my reason for going with AWD, but I figured it'll also help in crappy weather.
Have to admit, this is my prinary reason for AWD. And the added plus for bad weather doesn't hurt. Absolutely agree.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I will be purchasing AWD and not just for snow but rain. When I started my search I was against AWD but wanting a vehicle with a little bit of power that I will be taking on road trips I thaugh AWD was the way to go. After a test drive in light rain with g80 awd and a test drive of another AWD car in pouring down rain with no slip I was convinced. I have had other semi performance and Rwd cars in the past.
I have taught about the more parts and repair cost but it does have a 10 year warranty. I have had a suv 4x4 for 18 years no repair cost.
As for performance, I am not going to the track and if it is .1 slower 0 to 60 oh well.
Then comes driving feel when I read disabling nannies 10front 90rear I was ok with that for spirited driving.