Sample of stock rims and new look

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wanted opinions on new look...will take good and bad..got 2 done today..the other 2 tmrrw..
Certainly cheaper that buying new wheels. Very ingenious.

I don't dislike them. Though not my particular taste I bet others will really like them. The outside of the rim look gone in the photo. I may have left a band around it and I think I'd like it a lot more. Just went back to look again, they are growing on me.

Thread starter #7

Ram20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Ed, Four, Larry..
Both rims are OEM. The front I painted to make it look different. The back I am painting tmrrw. Thanks for the comments!

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Looks pretty nice actually. My fear with DIY stuff like this is how well will the paint hold up with the heat, cold, washings, rocks, etc. I'd hate for it to chip off in a short time, could make wheels look really trashy.

Thread starter #13

Ram20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Looks pretty nice actually. My fear with DIY stuff like this is how well will the paint hold up with the heat, cold, washings, rocks, etc. I'd hate for it to chip off in a short time, could make wheels look really trashy.
I used Plasti-dip black and glossifier..I'm thinking they may not hold long at one of the edges but will have to keep an eye on them..on my last car, they lasted for a couple yrs.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I used Plasti-dip black and glossifier..I'm thinking they may not hold long at one of the edges but will have to keep an eye on them..on my last car, they lasted for a couple yrs.
Ram20, thanks for posting a pic of the completed job. It gives a better representation than just 2 wheels. I hope it holds up with wear & tear.

Thread starter #16

Ram20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I don't hate them. I'm on the fence on if I like them better than OEM though. They actually make the car sort of look like a Kia Optima to me lol.
Yeah I see that now...all good! I like it!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.