• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Sarah 5.0 Build Thread

XPO439

Registered Member
California
I always thought she looked good, but the mod bug crawled up my a** and never left. Here is #Sarah build thread :)

When we first got her, tinted windows for that stealth/luxury look (I want to be invisible).

Next is the dipped gloss black wheels to add a more aggressive look and keep the wheels rock chip free for the 6 1/2 hours trip to SoCal.

Then we arrived at Ark Performance USA in Ontario, CA to get the car lowered. These guys were great, they took the car in immediately and started working on it!

Lowered lifestyle now, after taking the car around the block a few times to test out the suspension. Very happy with the results :)

Big shout out to my man @Rloyola0426! For coming to hangout with us while Arkperformance was installing the springs. You really don't meet people as chill as him nowadays. This guy's setup was my inspiration. Quick non-professional picture before Ark took over with their cameras.

Last picture of #Sarah in the hotel garage. She's looking sooo fine :) no more wheel gap!

What's next...? Perhaps straight pipes? Maybe Arkperformance should develop straight pipes? Maybe some Vossen wheels? Those mods can wait though, we're pretty satisfied with this setup :)

Also, sorry about the cellphone quality, lighting sucked.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It was nice meeting you and your wifey too! Hope you had fun down here. How's Sarah riding? Any rubbing? She looks good!

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looks good!! How do the OEM shocks with the selectable suspension firmness work now that she's lowered? Have always been wondering this. Is it still operable?

Tony
Yes they still work when lowered.

XPO439

Registered Member
California
The drop looks really good!
Thanks man!

Man that looks great. Vossens are great wheels, but just getting your stock rims dipped looks pretty nice!
Thanks! Also protects the wheels from rock chips which is a definite plus :)

Love the wheels, not feeling the drop. Car caught alot of flak for being too heavy and it really looks it when that low.
Not sure if I've heard of this before but hey, to each his own. Thanks man

looks great buddy... I plan on dipping or getting the wheels painted also... looks really good...
Dip it first bro, you can peel it off like tape if you don't like the end results. Plus it's a heck of a lot cheaper than powder coating them.

Yes they still work when lowered.
Yea, if anything the suspension definitely improved. I can literally feel the difference going into corners.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

XPO439

Registered Member
California
Thanks for posting those pictures with OEM wheels! this is the route, I'll probably go with, then I'll get some new wheels with lower offset.

For now, I'll enjoy those virtual lower springs on my 5.0 :D

That's a clean photoshop job lol!

Did you see they posted our cars on their Instagram?
Yea man! It looks good! Alot better than my cellphone pics lol

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums