• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Save Miles on the Genesis

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Figured I'd share the "new" daily driver with you guys.

She's a beaut '98 Camry with a healthy 233k miles. Everything works and it drives better than the miles suggest. I love driving the Genesis but hate putting miles on it; talk about about a dilemma. I'd like to break 250k miles. Plenty of owners over on ToyotaNation have over 300k with the 5S-FE motor. We'll see.

Not trying to make any statements with it. She gets the job done while doing a bit better on gas and keeps the value up on the fun car (kinda). Anyone else have another car to keep miles off your Genesis?

Camry.jpg

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type

She's a beaut '98 Camry with a healthy 233k miles. Everything works and it drives better than the miles suggest. I love driving the Genesis but hate putting miles on it; talk about about a dilemma. I'd like to break 250k miles. Plenty of owners over on ToyotaNation have over 300k with the 5S-FE motor. We'll see.

Not trying to make any statements with it. She gets the job done while doing a bit better on gas and keeps the value up on the fun car (kinda). Anyone else have another car to keep miles off your Genesis?

View attachment 27754
I have an 04 impala. You know how these SD winters are. The Genesis would be sh#t if were to be driven all year round!👍

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
I drove my 2006 Cadillac Escalade AWD with all season AT tires this winter since my 2015 Genesis has performance summer tires installed which are a no-no to use in the winter.

My Caddy have about 230k miles on it and guzzle gas like it has an hole in the gas tank, however it is very fun to drive and is very comfortable.:)

The Caddy also have a Sony Android Auto radio installed with Google Maps which sounds better than my Genesis radio to be honest. However, the Genesis is still the better ride with less road noise.

Last edited:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type

View attachment 27754
I used to own a 1999 Camry XLE V6 with some slight mods, and it ran like new until I traded it at about 100k miles for a less reliable 2001 Volvo S80 T6. Bad choice. I should have kept the Camry even though it was slower than the Volvo. However, that Volvo got me hooked on luxury cars after that.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's the concern with putting miles on the G70? Do you think it's going to be collectible or ??

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Do you think this temp replacement strategy would work with a wife too? I definitely want to keep my wife in good condition for the long haul.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For those that lease, obviously you don't want to exceed the mileage limit if you can help it. (Just one of the reasons I don't lease.)
As for your analogy... ????

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
I used to own a 1999 Camry XLE V6 with some slight mods, and it ran like new until I traded it at about 100k miles for a less reliable 2001 Volvo S80 T6. Bad choice. I should have kept the Camry even though it was slower than the Volvo. However, that Volvo got me hooked on luxury cars after that.
Yeah I haven't heard many good things with old Volvos besides being bullet proof, and I'm not talking about the drivetrain. I sold a 94 Impala SS with 234k miles and it ran like a champ. Should've never sold that one..

What's the concern with putting miles on the G70? Do you think it's going to be collectible or ??
Mine is a 2015 Genesis not a G70. They aren't collectors at all but with miles comes more and more depreciation. At some point, I'll look to sell but I drive it every now and again. For me, the lower the miles, the better. I enjoy driving it and when I drive it less, I like it that much more when I do.

Do you think this temp replacement strategy would work with a wife too? I definitely want to keep my wife in good condition for the long haul.
Tell you what, try it out and get back to me. I may want to go that route as well...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums