saved the life of a Laramie this morning..

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
getting gas at 4:30am this morning on my way to work, pulled up beside a new (no plates yet) Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty Laramie with a Cummings Turbo Diesel.

anyway, guy must've been half a sleep, as he grabbed the regular black hose and stuck it in the filler, and went to swipe his card.. I looked at him and said "nice truck, aren't you supposed to use the green hose?"

his response was simply "oh $h1t" ..

Would have been a very expensive mistake, and he didn't even say thanks..

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
getting gas at 4:30am this morning on my way to work, pulled up beside a new (no plates yet) Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty Laramie with a Cummings Turbo Diesel.

anyway, guy must've been half a sleep, as he grabbed the regular black hose and stuck it in the filler, and went to swipe his card.. I looked at him and said "nice truck, aren't you supposed to use the green hose?"

his response was simply "oh $h1t" ..

Would have been a very expensive mistake, and he didn't even say thanks..
Did he give you the mandatory 15% tip? You saved him a bundle.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Did he give you the mandatory 15% tip? You saved him a bundle.
He didn’t even say thank you.

He looked like he was in the twilight zone. Half asleep.

I think it was one of those meant to be moments. I didn’t need gas. Miles to empty was 40ish. And drive to work is only 22. But I decided to stop this morning since i was heading to the dealer for my first oil change then dropping car off at the body shop for the accident. Normally I would have waited and filled after work.

Guy lucked out I made the decision sitting at the light at the intersection the station was at. Else he would have had a really bad day.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.