Seat belt recall

pmckechnie

Registered Member
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just got a recall installed on my G80. I saw a notice on MyGenesis, called, made appointment, took car in and recall taken care of. It is a software update to the seatbelt system. It applies to the occupancy sensor in the front passenger
seat.
Anyone else get the notice?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just got a recall installed on my G80. I saw a notice on MyGenesis, called, made appointment, took car in and recall taken care of. It is a software update to the seatbelt system. It applies to the occupancy sensor in the front passenger
seat.
I saw nothing yet, but found this
https://www.cars.com/articles/2018-genesis-g80-recall-alert-1420701080008/

2018 Genesis G80

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 3,300 model-year 2018 Genesis G80 sedans

The Problem: The occupant classification system may incorrectly detect that an adult is in the passenger seat even if the seat is unoccupied. In the event of a crash, if a child or infant is in the seat, the front passenger airbag may deploy instead of being deactivated, increasing the risk of injury.

The Fix: Dealers will reprogram the occupant classification system for free.

gbrownin

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
seat.

I did not get the notice, but I do have an issue with the seatbelts. The seatbelt pretensioner goes off at least twice every day on my daily commute. Not always, but mostly in the same general location. No obvious reason for the pre-tensioner to go off (close proximity of another vehicle, hard braking, etc). Wondering if its related to the software algorithm.

Anyone else having this issue?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.