Secondary ownership registration for the App?

UlyssestheGreat

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just bought a used G80 from CarMax and I tried to register on the Genesis Intelligent Assistant App but it wouldn’t let me. It said that the car has already been registered by the previous owner. Are secondary owners not allowed to use the App? Or is there a way to unregistered the previous owner and register myself as the new owner of the car? Any ideas?

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just bought a used G80 from CarMax and I tried to register on the Genesis Intelligent Assistant App but it wouldn’t let me. It said that the car has already been registered by the previous owner. Are secondary owners not allowed to use the App? Or is there a way to unregistered the previous owner and register myself as the new owner of the car? Any ideas?
Welcome to the family.
Try a look here: Exploring The Genesis Intelligent Assistant App | Genesis Resources | MyGenesis

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, you have to contact the people at BlueLink about change of ownership. People here have done it so if you do a search you may find the details. It is a paid service too so you may have to sign up. I don't know if you can take over the balance from previous owner

UlyssestheGreat

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you so much.

andyw715

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I signed up you had to provide a few doc (dl, registration, bill of sale) and they would transfer ownership to you. Then you could activate the connected services. Note: there is a discount code floating around here somewhere but it might just be for renewals. Worth a try. Also you could call them to activate but see if they can offer deals (similar to the yearly customer service roulette when re-uping Onstar/SiriusXM/etc)

ncvasile

Love my 2018 G80 Sport
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Doylestown PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes, you have to contact the people at BlueLink about change of ownership. People here have done it so if you do a search you may find the details. It is a paid service too so you may have to sign up. I don't know if you can take over the balance from previous owner
I just bought a 2018 G80 sport and I had to send my license and Ins. Card to them first. Then they did a reset and now I am good To go. Took only two day to fix.

mbsamford

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just bought a 2018 G80 sport and I had to send my license and Ins. Card to them first. Then they did a reset and now I am good To go. Took only two day to fix.
What does the APP do? Is it worth signing up? I just bought a used G80 and previous owner had already registered the car. Is it worth the trouble?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What does the APP do? Is it worth signing up? I just bought a used G80 and previous owner had already registered the car. Is it worth the trouble?
The app does nothing unless you also have the connected services. They are free for three years and you pay monthly or annually after that.

Once you are connected, you can lock doors, remote start, set temperature, locate car, send navigation information to the car, with multiple drivers you can set it to notify you when your teenager exceeds your top speed limit.

bubbaG80Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
"Connected Services" manuals and guides can be found at

I won't be keeping the "Connected Services" features after my vehicles purchase "complimentary" subscription expires. For me, it is not worth the re-occurring costs.

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
"Connected Services" manuals and guides can be found at

I won't be keeping the "Connected Services" features after my vehicles purchase "complimentary" subscription expires. For me, it is not worth the re-occurring costs.
I got my G80 in spring- I think it was late May. They gave me all the services free through the end of the year. I will definitely be paying for the remote start app. the rest of it isn’t worth it.

My wife has an Infiniti QX60 and the remote start is on the key fob and free, so it sucks that they found a way to monetize a feature that used to be free, but we live in an area that’s hot in summer and somewhat cold in winter, and the remote start is great. And with my car, I can start it from anywhere and don’t have to be within key fob range.

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I signed up you had to provide a few doc (dl, registration, bill of sale) and they would transfer ownership to you. Then you could activate the connected services. Note: there is a discount code floating around here somewhere but it might just be for renewals. Worth a try. Also you could call them to activate but see if they can offer deals (similar to the yearly customer service roulette when re-uping Onstar/SiriusXM/etc)
I bought mine used and had to do the same thing. I thought it was a pain in the ass, but I’m probably not the best barometer because I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I got my G80 in spring- I think it was late May. They gave me all the services free through the end of the year. I will definitely be paying for the remote start app. the rest of it isn’t worth it.

My wife has an Infiniti QX60 and the remote start is on the key fob and free, so it sucks that they found a way to monetize a feature that used to be free, but we live in an area that’s hot in summer and somewhat cold in winter, and the remote start is great. And with my car, I can start it from anywhere and don’t have to be within key fob range.
It is worth paying something, but how much?
With the built in or aftermarket remote you usually have limited range for starting. One time cost, yours forever.

With Genesis you get very long range as long as there is cell service. Takes longer to actually start but you can be far away. You do use the Genesis servers so that is worth something.

You also get roadside assistance. There are other places to get it but it can cost $50 to $100 a year. Nice to have the two times I've used it in 7 years.
Overall, it would be a much better value at about 1/3 off the existing prices. Perhaps more people would sign up and they would make more with volume.

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It is worth paying something, but how much?
With the built in or aftermarket remote you usually have limited range for starting. One time cost, yours forever.

With Genesis you get very long range as long as there is cell service. Takes longer to actually start but you can be far away. You do use the Genesis servers so that is worth something.

You also get roadside assistance. There are other places to get it but it can cost $50 to $100 a year. Nice to have the two times I've used it in 7 years.
Overall, it would be a much better value at about 1/3 off the existing prices. Perhaps more people would sign up and they would make more with volume.
Well if you can get the remote start as a built in feature that’s one thing. As far as adding it after market... well, I looked at Acura TLX’s before I bought my Genesis. I’ve been an Acura fan boy for a long time so the fact that I liked the G80 better shocked me.... but i digress.

The TLX I looked at didn't have the remote start built in. The key fob with the remote start button was $400 alone, so two key fobs are $800. Add In the cost and installation of the remote start and you’re at a min of $1100. Either that, or buy a much more expensive trim level.

The Genesis service is $100 a year. the only way to come out ahead is to keep the car 11 years and I’ve never kept a car more than 5 years in my life.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums