Selling dealer needs help

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
Don't get me wrong. I love the car.
When I picked up the car, I:
1-found protection tape stuck to the car and there was no shine. Had another dealer detail the car. What a Difference!;

2-drove home and it pulled to the right. . . brought it to nearby dealer. They rotated front wheels. That didn't work. Brought it in again, and they sent it to an alignment shop. Toe-in/out on both front and rear passenger wheels were out of alignment and needed to be re-aligned;

3--MSRP sticker was thrown in the garbage during dealer prep. They had to order me a replacement;

4--CD player did not randomly play a different disc when I chose "Random Disc" and not "Repeat Track" feature. Dealer said it disc changes after last track on previous disc is over. NOT TRUE!

5--Loud whistling noise coming from drivers' window when opened on highway. This didn't happen with passenger window. New outside mirror had to be replaced.

After all these problems were resolved, we love the car and want to purchase it.

THE SELLING DEALER HAD BETTER GET ITS ACT TOGETHER, OR THEY'LL LOSE OUT ON CUSTOMERS LIKE MYSELF.

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
Selling dealer is "poway hyundai".

Servicing dealer: "temecula hyundai"

note: Poway hyundai both found and repaired noise problem.

Temecula hyundai didn't hear it. Factory rep heard it.

bradyb

Been here awhile...
Selling dealer is "poway hyundai".

Servicing dealer: "temecula hyundai"

note: Poway hyundai both found and repaired noise problem.

Temecula hyundai didn't hear it. Factory rep heard it.
interesting.... Poway Hyundai is where I bought my Genesis. Sales guys stayed 2 hrs after closing to deliver my car explaining everything in detail... Generally had a good experience but if I was pushing 70k across the table I might expect a massage and a cappuccino for sure....
~B

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
Listen to THIS:
I drove the Equus when factory rep heard the Wind Noise. When he acknowledged it I asked him "You heard it, why didn't the technician notice it?"
His response was that the technician-by law- cannot drive the car over 65mph. Yet, the repair order stated that the noise only occurs at "70mph or over." Each time I brought it in the repair orders stated the same.
Why didn't the Service Rep tell me that in the first place? I had numerous visits without any findings!
PS: I was the First Equus owner that needed service, and that first day I was told the technician was "IN CLASS LEARNING ABOUT THE EQUUS."
The Service Department should have technicians already trained before the vehicles are sold.
Same problem happened with the alignment. They couldn't fix the car pulling until they brought it to an alignment shop which found the front and rear passenger side wheels out of align. They repaired it for Hyundai!

bmbutler

Been here awhile...
This is exactly Hyundai's problem that IMHO they have never addressed and seems maybe never will. They have had service issues for years. How in the world can they expect to sell customers $40-70k cars and still offer this level of service?

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
What do you do for service if the only two Equus dealers (within 50 mile radius) from your home does poor service? Other Hyundai dealers that don't sell Equus' are not trained for Equus Service (so they say).

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
This is exactly Hyundai's problem that IMHO they have never addressed and seems maybe never will. They have had service issues for years. How in the world can they expect to sell customers $40-70k cars and still offer this level of service?
Where do you go for service when Equus selling dealers give you poor service?
If you go to an outside mechanic, will all warrantable issues still be covered in your Equus warranty?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Where do you go for service when Equus selling dealers give you poor service?
If you go to an outside mechanic, will all warrantable issues still be covered in your Equus warranty?
You can take your car to any shop for non-warranty service such as oil changes, brake service, etc, and your Hyundai Warranty is not affected, so long as you have documentation of the service performed and documentation that proper parts were used. This is mandated by Federal Law in the United States.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
What about other problems that arise, other than normal maintenance?
If you have a warranty issue, then you must take it to a dealer if you want it fixed under warranty (no charge to you). If you pay someone else to fix it, any future problems with that same item "might" not be covered by Hyundai (if they find out), but that does not affect your warranty on any other unrelated parts of the car.

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
That won't work out. One reason is: I was going on a 9,000-mile trip across the US and brought it in 6,400 miles after oil was changed. Waited 3 hours. When I picked up the car my wife looked over the receipt and noticed that it was marked in Red "Air Filter needs to be replaced." No one ever told me that. . . let alone I was going on a long trip. And Second: While on my trip I checked my oil and noticed it dark and low. I called Equus and they set me up in Tennessee. When I got there I was told that my Oil was NEVER CHANGED!
Now you know why I don't trust these Equus dealers near me.

brfatal

Been here awhile...
VA
That won't work out. One reason is: I was going on a 9,000-mile trip across the US and brought it in 6,400 miles after oil was changed. Waited 3 hours. When I picked up the car my wife looked over the receipt and noticed that it was marked in Red "Air Filter needs to be replaced." No one ever told me that. . . let alone I was going on a long trip. And Second: While on my trip I checked my oil and noticed it dark and low. I called Equus and they set me up in Tennessee. When I got there I was told that my Oil was NEVER CHANGED!
This is why you complain to corporate, not to the dealership.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Excuse my ignorance, but do Equus owners get free oil changes and air filter changes? If so, is the dealer supposed to know when to change it, or is the owner supposed to request it (even though it is free)?

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
The owner is responsible to bring it in every 7,500 miles. I believe that the air filter is changed every other oil change.
PS: I already spoke with Equus Customer Service. Nothing happened. They said that Poway Hyundai didn't do the oil change because it wasn't going to be paid by Hyundai.. . 1,000 miles too soon.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The owner is responsible to bring it in every 7,500 miles. I believe that the air filter is changed every other oil change.
PS: I already spoke with Equus Customer Service. Nothing happened. They said that Poway Hyundai didn't do the oil change because it wasn't going to be paid by Hyundai.. . 1,000 miles too soon.
I don't suppose they use synthetic oil either. Maybe it doesn't matter to most Equus owners if they only keep the car 3 years or less, but I would think that someone who can afford an Equus could afford to have their own synthetic oil changes more often than every 7500 miles (maybe every 5000 miles or so). That is one reason I don't like those kind of "free" maintenance agreements.

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
Here is another example of how well Hyundai trained the Equus mechanics:
I asked Poway Hyundai to measure the treads on my tires (both sides and center of tires). When they finished they wrote down the measurements. They were: Rt Frnt--11/32(inner) 13/32"(center) 11/32"(outer). Lft Frnt: 12/32"(inner) 13/32"(center) 12/32"(outer).
QUESTION: HOW CAN A WORN TIRE HAVE MORE MEAT ON THEM THAN WHEN THEY WERE NEW? THESE TIRES STARTED WITH 10/32" NEW!
These So-Called Mechanics don't know ANYTHING! THEY JUST LIE.
If Hyundai wants to keep their customers, they should hire mechanics from GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc. They just know how to train their own mechanics.
To top it off, the measurements for the rear tires were way out! One rear tire wore more on the inside, and the other wore more on the outside! The service man didn't know the remedy or the cause of it. He was baffled.
I then brought my Equus to Discount Tire (where I bought them) and they too were confused with those measurements. So, they did their own measuring. They found: both right and left front tires at 7/32" and the rear tires at 5/32" all around.
What a difference.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
If Hyundai wants to keep their customers, they should hire mechanics from GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc. They just know how to train their own mechanics.
Although Hyundai probably does offer some training for mechanics, they do not hire them. Mechanics are hired by dealers, which are independent companies.

tfmsEQ

Registered Member
CA
Mechanics must be licensed. This person obviously is not. Also, these are supposedly their best mechanics whom they "Specially Train" for Equus" vehicles. Mind you, an Equus owner must only go to a dealer who is an Equus Dealer. No other Hyundai dealer can work on them.
Who trains these mechanics? Hyundai or the independent dealers?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.